Sign in to follow this  
VINTAGE HILUX FAN

Original sand scorcher baja bug FOR SALE

VINTAGE SAND SCORCHER

I am just clearing down as I now have 4 scorchers. I spent many hours restoring this scorcher and then enjoyed thrashing it around on the beach.

The bug is all original but is fitted with ballrace bearings which give less friction for longer run times and better performance. I fitted a Tamiya TEU-101BK esc to give better control and more power over the original MSC. The shell is also from a 2010 sand scorcher re-release.

It is missing 4 cam locks but I used two bolts with body pins as it was a lot easier than the 4 awkward cam locks.

The body has been painted in automotive paints, it isn't a shelf queen standard paint job but it looks awesome flicking up sand. The nosecone has had the number plate reccess filled to give a more racey look. Adding to which it has no glass in the body and number boards in the rear windows to set this bug out from the crowd. The decals are repro and not great quality, a few are slitghtly peeling but that doesn't matter, I built this bug to be enjoyed rather than just looked at. The tyres are original and still in good condition but the fronts are a bit "dry". The outer wheel covers are the originals which have been freshened up with a white aerosol.

Sand scorchers are known for there scale replica VW beetle style suspension, however this means that on any surfaces other than sand they have a tendancy to roll even a slow speeds. Therefore, I fitted this bug with rear shocks from a TL-01 touring car which don't allow the rear arms to drop out at a ridiculous angle which makes them much easier to drive anywhere.

There is no front shocks fitted to this scorcher. This does not affect the handling at all as the originals leaked so much they were only there for looks.

No radio gear is included. You will need, radio gear, battery and front shocks (if you want to have them) to run this bug!

Also, included is a driver which still needs finishing.

The buyer of this bug will be very, veru happy. This would suit any tamiya collector.

I would like £190 ono for this scorcher. UK postage is £12 and will be sent out 1st class recorded. Please PM me if interested.

post-38093-0-01270700-1355072165_thumb.j

post-38093-0-29135500-1355072202_thumb.j

post-38093-0-09127300-1355072213_thumb.j

post-38093-0-49474900-1355072243_thumb.j

What's the yellow zip tie for?

The zip tie is for holding the suspension arms tight together with the hub. It is a very common thing on used SRB's that the ball joints just pop out.

Sign in to follow this