Sign in to follow this  
wolfdogstinkus

Tell me about the CR-01

So?, ..................I understand that it's not an out and out rock crawler but how does it compare as a basher?

Is it stable at speed?

How would it compare to an Axial wraith?

I think I like the over-complicated suspension set-up.

Can it be set up to have 4 wheel steering?

Are the diffs lockable?

I am looking for a new truck but not sure what to get yet, I maybe selling my blitzer beetle plus a few parts to fund a new car but I have far too many choices and not enough money. lol

I had one awhile back. Its very Tamiya. Unique, complex, overengineered but fun. The diffs were lockable. It was stable at speed but its not very fast out of the box in a basher sense. Oddly, it was a little too fast to be a crawler but I'm sure gearing can be manupulated either way. It was a good build. You can see Tamiya really attempted to overbuild it for the rigors of rock crawling. Only the driveshafts seemed to be a weak spot for crawling.

It's a great little trail truck. Quirky in a Tamiya way. I have one and love it. It's actually a decent crawler with different tires. PS, that's a really old video. The truck is box stock with a Proline Bushwhacker body.

[media=]

[/media]
  • Like 1

It's a great little trail truck. Quirky in a Tamiya way. I have one and love it. It's actually a decent crawler with different tires. PS, that's a really old video. The truck is box stock with a Proline Bushwhacker body.

That looks just about perfect (to me)! I'm not really attracted to rock crawling persay, but using a CR01 as a highly articulated scale trail runner looks awesome!

-Paul

I use this and my Dingo together with my friends. Always a great few hours as the two trucks are quite evenly matched. We just play follow the leader.

The CR01 is quality. I took one up and down Mount Snowdon for charity. Very very tough and very very capable.

J

Its an Ok car B)

[media=]

is it me or is the wheelbase off on this model, especially in the back

is it me or is the wheelbase off on this model, especially in the back

Yes, with the Tamiya FJ body it looks "off". My Tamiya FJ body is my shelfer, I run the Proline Bushwhacker as it sits better.

its robust thats for sure, only car I somersaulted down a 10 meter high rocky slope, landed on all four and drove back up again. (with only a bend mirror and I lost the scale broom that was on the roofrack :wacko: ) :D