MadcapIwant1

Your favorite all round Tamiya Kit Buggy

So what is your favorite all round bash or race Tamiya kit build buggy, 4 x 4 or 2 wheel drive? old or new let me hear your thoughts?

Going on the results from this may just buy one and put it to the test ;)

All the best my fellow Tamiya followers

Paul.

:):rolleyes::)

DB01R. It's a DB01 with all the nice option parts (slipper, reinforced drive belts, CVDs, motor mount heat sink, threaded aluminum dampers, aluminum suspension mounts, carbon reinforced parts, etc.).

It's a fantastic 1/10 scale buggy for general driving and racing.

-Paul

DT02- Great for bashing, indesructable, buggy or scale bodies, an awesome little 2wd car to powersilde around in!

Astute, it was my first Tamiya, and their first "race" oriented buggy. It was a little over engineered in the same vane as the Avante. It was fun to drive, and the TRF 201 wouldnt be here if it wasnt for it. I still have mine!

< My Avante. I run this guy all the time. He's also my Avatar in a lot of forums. So happy this car was re-re'd. It's been worth every penny as far as enjoyment goes.

For racing and bashing, definitely a DB-01. For beach running, my Frog makes me feel 20 years younger. I usually take my DB01 to the beach but left it behind last time as it was in parts (again). I realized I was having a lot more fun on the beach with the hopper just driving and tooling around than I do trying to find dunes to jump with my DB-01.

DTO2 - cheap , quick with only a ezrun brushless and almost indestructable . Great bang for your bucks .

FAV for me. Good blend of scale looks and surprising performance, interesting (but not difficult) build, and lots of possibilities. And who doesn't love a rollcage?

That's a good question. When I was a kid, I ran the wheels off my Vanquish. I had/have an original FAV back then but didn't run it much as it was "vintage" then. I bought the re-re FAV and love running it guilt-free. A close second would be the Hot Shot.

Blitzer Beetle/Stadium Blitzer/Stadium Thunder.

Mine cost peanuts and came as a pile of parts but it's bulletproof and bags of fun...

• Like 1

Funny with owning so many different models over the years I still love my Modified Bliter Beetle with SRB front and rear wheels and tires and a lexan shell. Fast and indestuctable!

OSR

Appreciate that Guys, nice mix of buggies / choice? really just looking for a good all round bashing buggy that can take some good punishment and fun to drive ;) so many to pick from but all good fum in the process of picking one ;)

All the best for Xmas Guys

Paul.

Appreciate that Guys, nice mix of buggies / choice? really just looking for a good all round bashing buggy that can take some good punishment and fun to drive ;) so many to pick from but all good fum in the process of picking one ;)

All the best for Xmas Guys

Paul.

Paul if its a all round basher your after - Blitzer Beetle . So easy to improve at little expence and great fun on any surface . Just stick a lexan shell on it and your good to go but if you want to go extreme you also have loads of hop up options from brushless to big dampers ect ect

Used to be the TF/Evo for me - really the DF01 chassis range but the Manta Ray/Blazing Star needed some essential Hop Ups to be enduring "fun". The Top Force has the essentials but then it wasn't much "fun" when your mate had an Evo.

Then I got my 511 (although I had a 501X also) and wow, just wow. This thing is incredible, it's indestructible and just so much fun. It's low maintenance, fast, handles like a BMW M3 and has track cred'. Sure it's a little more expensive than the DB/DT's but they need some essential upgrades out of the box anyway - all up the real difference is only about US$80 (if you can get your hands on a 511 that is).

Nice 1 Bromvw, got me a NIB Blitzer in the loft anyway so may just do that...lol

Cheers dj, yip I'm sure your mates top force evo was the envy of a lot of Guys, do have a Top force in the loft too but keeping that Bad Boy for a rainy day ;) check my NIB kits in my photo album :)

So to round it up, either I build my Blitzer and hop it up to the max or I go for the Durga and hop it up????? hmmmmm

Nice 1 Bromvw, got me a NIB Blitzer in the loft anyway so may just do that...lol

Cheers dj, yip I'm sure your mates top force evo was the envy of a lot of Guys, do have a Top force in the loft too but keeping that Bad Boy for a rainy day ;) check my NIB kits in my photo album :)

So to round it up, either I build my Blitzer and hop it up to the max or I go for the Durga and hop it up????? hmmmmm

blitzer- kamtac body , ezrun 13t brushless, steel pinion , touring car hardcups , blackfoot extreme cvd's , flip the front arms to cure the bumpsteer and add hard links so you sort out the chamber . All you need then is some decent oil filled dampers . For a basher far cheaper than fully hopping up a Durga that will be far more fragile and harder to find parts for in the event of any crashes . just my opinion .you could even sell the blitzer body set on to offset the cost of hop up parts - they are always sought after .

Blitzer Beetle/Stadium Blitzer/Stadium Thunder.

Mine cost peanuts and came as a pile of parts but it's bulletproof and bags of fun...

This very much!

Paul if its a all round basher your after - Blitzer Beetle . So easy to improve at little expence and great fun on any surface . Just stick a lexan shell on it and your good to go but if you want to go extreme you also have loads of hop up options from brushless to big dampers ect ect

Lexan - Pah! Where's the fun in that? (-: