Sign in to follow this  
jujutsuboy

Choose my next project!

Hey all, after all the good responses and advice to fix my boredom with the hobby, I am now melting my brain for what my winter build/project will be. To many choices!

Excluding tanks, on road trucks and buggies, (and the Bruiser as that is just tooooo expensive), if you could chose one current kit (including non tamiya if you must!), what one would you chose for an interesting build experience but also lots of potential for tweaks and personalisation?

cheers all.

Excluding tanks,on road trucks and buggies....I'd chose the XV-01. You can get it as a rally car, offroad truck or touring car, what more could you ask for?

It would be a CC01 - loads of good scale bodys and loads of great hops ups available .

For something at the cheap end a Kyosho Sand Master - plenty of scope for customisation with body panels, alterations to the roll cages, lights and wheels - at £70 for the kit it hardly breaks the bank. I know its a buggy but its not a modern jelly mould, and has some retro looks about it.

After that I'd go for an Axial EXO - sufficiently different to a traditional buggy, scope for different colour schemes or themes.

If Tamiya then a VW Bus Wheelie thing - just fun to build and run

+1 vote for CC01 and try and make it as scale as you can.

Plenty of fun and experimentation that can be done there.

In addition, you can choose from hard shell (Jeep, Pajero) or lexan bodied (Unimog, FJ40, Bronco) varieties.

When you're done if you didn't get into the scale part, you can always run it hard. They go like crazy with the silver can motor, and are quite durable!

Cheers,

Skottoman

Customise a Wild Willy! I've done a couple with different chassis and various body mods. They've kept me entertained all year!

Get a couple of Clod Buster axle kits and build a mod-Clod. There are so many possiblities for chassis and suspension development. I built one and had a blast seeing what worked and what didn't. It was always fun to tweak and modify. When its together, you have the satifaction of really building and designing something yourself.

I'd go for a CR01 if the budget allows. Many of the same bodies are available on either CC01 or CR01, but the CR01 is more capable off road.

+1 for the Axial Exo, been looking at those for a while now and can see it fitting into my line up nicely. Only problem is what should I sell to raise the funds?

come over for a holiday and finish some of mine ! .. :lol:

Brilliant!!

Still confused.com though!!! WW def winning at the moment....

Get a couple of Clod Buster axle kits and build a mod-Clod. There are so many possiblities for chassis and suspension development. I built one and had a blast seeing what worked and what didn't. It was always fun to tweak and modify. When its together, you have the satifaction of really building and designing something yourself.

Mod Clods are really cool, but as he said no to a bruiser etc I think it would be too much by the time you buy axles, tyres and wheels, chassis, shocks, motors, body etc, he would be looking at $500+

For something at the cheap end a Kyosho Sand Master - plenty of scope for customisation with body panels, alterations to the roll cages, lights and wheels - at £70 for the kit it hardly breaks the bank. I know its a buggy but its not a modern jelly mould, and has some retro looks about it.

After that I'd go for an Axial EXO - sufficiently different to a traditional buggy, scope for different colour schemes or themes.

If Tamiya then a VW Bus Wheelie thing - just fun to build and run

Exo is a fun build and a great handling buggy, if you can get one cheap its well worth it. I got mine $159 through tower.

come over for a holiday and finish some of mine ! .. :lol:

Do you have a/c? Its hot enough over here, imagine it would be much hotter in qld :-P

Hey all, after all the good responses and advice to fix my boredom with the hobby, I am now melting my brain for what my winter build/project will be. To many choices!

Excluding tanks, on road trucks and buggies, (and the Bruiser as that is just tooooo expensive), if you could chose one current kit (including non tamiya if you must!), what one would you chose for an interesting build experience but also lots of potential for tweaks and personalisation?

cheers all.

Give me a better idea of where you plan on running it and are you more interested in speed, scale, complexity, ability to hop up, aftermarket support ?

Then I'll have some suggestions :).

Def want an interesting build with an ability to hop up/customise as I fancy, otherwise pretty open to ideas! Likey to run on grass, maybe trialsand some sand. I do have a cc01 already that I have some ideas for.

I second the EXO. Amazingly fun car to run. It'll go almost anywhere and there are tons of aftermarket hop ups to get later. Most places have the price dropped to $199.99.

I second the EXO. Amazingly fun car to run. It'll go almost anywhere and there are tons of aftermarket hop ups to get later. Most places have the price dropped to $199.99.

Thats great until you factor in the stupid amount of import duty us brits have to pay on items from the USA .