mrbeno

My Vintage-Years Resolution

My "Vintage-Years Resolution" is to get all my cars to be Runners again by mid Feb 2013 and to Video them. Happy Holidays everyone. :)

vintageyears-resolution.jpg

If you change your mind, I think I know a buyer for the little chassis with no front tires. :D

Hey all, just got back. @ Dave...Let me think about the 956. The major problem with the 956 is the bottom radio plate cracked towards the end so back in the 80s after it happend I rigged metal brackets to it which alows it to still run back then. I have extras like rims but only found 3, I think they are the original sponge tires because it came with two sets. The tires that the 12L has were one set and they are all rubber. I even think I have an extra Gear that I found the other day it could be for the fox but not sure.

@pizza Yes sir, that is a Maxxum, and those front tires I found in the same storage along with other parts. I have 2 sets of the original yellow rims and the original tires, but the back ones are bald. I don't think I ever ran it on dirt, I used to love it as a street car (you can actuley lower the suspension so it sits about 1/2 inch off ground.) I ran the Maxxum last spring and posted some youtube vids check them out below. I remember buying it from tower hobbies right when it was discontinued for $89.99 and came with duplicate parts and it came with a Lemans Highspeed red bell, not the 240st. I don't think I would part with it. The only thing that it needs is a new shell. And sure it could use a great cleaning and probably new front coils. Sorry to ramble on, but I love talking about my old cars :) I will take photos and post them here.

The Monster Mash motor was originaly intended for my JRX-T but you can see I was having electronic issues and possibly an issue with my Lemans Red Bell [media=]

Now the other one is a Low hour Team Losi JRX-T, it is a runner now. The low hours were due to the stearing servo bracket breaking but I replaced it finaly. I will run it once I get new rear tires, the originals are not the best and worn, but don't want to wear them any more. It is all original too, just missing the top body bracket mount. I took it off when I added a new Ford Ranger or 150 shell. This one will be in one of my next youtube videos probably mid Jan. I don't think I could ever part with it because my Grandfather and I built it together in christmas of 90' I even got the originaly video posted on youtube, but I think I exceded the media limit.

My Fox is another issue, it has a front chassis crack but with a little epxy I will get it going again. Still running the original MSC. It also needs some minor new parts. I don't feel like bucking up for another chasis since I plan on filming it run again.

Thanks again for the replies, I will post more photos later.

-Mr Beno

Sorry for the double post, just got back and now I got called upon to make the 7 fish seafood salad for christmas. But here is the 956 photos that I took real quick from the uncleaned state and I put my black Lambo Body on it which I bought in the mid to late 80's after I got it from a garage sale. The rest of them I will show them probably tommorrow or later tonight. That L shape thing was a body post to fit the lambo that I rigged way back then. The front are original alumin with parma mounts that I rigged with masking or duct tape, if my memory serves me well. I think they are the original sponge but could be wrong since It could of been my RC12L Also notice my rig job back then for the Bottom chassis break connecting the motor :)

porsche-956-1.jpg

porsche-956-2.jpg

Getting ready with the Good old GoPro To run the FoxNo Driver or original shell that I can't find, but I think the "POV" view should be good enough to see this Sly One run again as it ws meant to be :) Happy New Years Everyone!

post-37398-0-40482400-1356904397_thumb.j