emory70

back to the lunchbox after 3 years (or is it 4?)

so i got bit again by the rc bug. been fascinated with rc since i was 5 or 6 years old. first real rc was a new monster beetle i got in high school. wanted the clodbuster, but as many young folks discovered, it was just too expensive. finally got my first clod in 99, gave it the esp clodzilla 2 treatment. fast forward through the years and i find myself with 3 ebay clods, a (piece of garbage) losi mini lst 2, a new axial wraith, and my current project... the lunchbox. i had a pumpkin many years ago, but just didn't have the knowledge or skills to make it work like i wanted to. after time spent here and on rcmt, i had a plan. after a 3 year hiatus, i got to work on it this past week.

so far:

third shock

crp front end

oil shocks

front strut brace

rear frame braces

centered steering servo

i really like the junfac rear shock mount, but don't know if i want to go that route

also still considering power. i bought a novak 8.5t for it, but don't know if i really want to go that route

once i get my pics sized properly... blah blah blah

emory

ah Vanessa :wub:

third shock haken_gruen.gif

crp front end haken_gruen.gif

oil shocks haken_gruen.gif

front strut brace haken_gruen.gif

rear frame braces haken_gruen.gif

centered steering servo haken_gruen.gif

i really like the junfac rear shock mount, but don't know if i want to go that route

Junfacs haken_gruen.gif at assembly I noticed the plastic Tamiya bit was broken so a good replacement.

DSC01407.jpg

DSC01471.jpg

Alloy body mounts haken_gruen.gif

DSC01378.jpg

lights haken_gruen.gif

P1020310.JPG

:D

• Like 1

i do like that junfac setup, but i think i'm going to try and fab up my own version first. i think this truck is going to be my guinea pig, with useful mods transferred or copied to another, unmolested box

I hadn't seen the Junfac shock mounts before, guess what I just spent some of my Xmas money on? :)

Like those alloy body posts! Where did you find those??

there is a guy on ebay from the UK who makes these and some other alloy stuff

Love the LB.. I have a MP :) Hoping to get some time to do some mods to it this week..

Like those alloy body posts! Where did you find those??

Model_build on eBay supplies those. I have them on mine. Well worth having.

Like the look of that Junfac kit Emory. Does the Junfac kit incorporate the third shock mod too? Or have you done the third shock mod and added the Junfac kit ?

Nice lunch box, they are a blast not high tech just high energy fun. I really enjoy my "beach toy"

100_3391.jpg

• Like 1

Nice lunch box, they are a blast not high tech just high energy fun. I really enjoy my "beach toy"

100_3391.jpg

Not the usual paintjob. Looks very good!

Alloy body mounts available on eBay for around £12. Search "lunchbox body mounts"