Sign in to follow this  
THEWILD1

CUSTOM FAV

Completed my firs tamiya' real happy with the finish.

Decided to go for a race version as I prefer the FAV's looks over the Wildone.

Filed off a few off the "rugged army details" to give a more civillian look'

Those tamiya paints are nice to work with if you take the time!

I blanked off all those holes on the bottom with plasticard, relocating on/off switch to the deck opposite the driver, added foam blocks behind the steering servo to block out sand and dirt.

Cut down the old battery box behind driver, and covered the old exit hole for the battery on the side with the nerf bars' and relocated motor wires through the old battery box.

The shocks were replaced with the new FAV black damper set and I must say they are a quality item with no leakage' even after a bit off heavy abuse and they soak up the rough really well... landed a three foot jump off a set of steps on to concrete!

RS Sports tuned motor gives it a bit more go' cant wait to hit the beach!

045.jpg

047.jpg044.jpg

039_zpsee5a92e8.jpg

• Like 2

Time to upgrade for more realism... gotta get the metal suspension parts and oil shocks! SUPER NICE build up!

This is why I like the FAV kit more than the WO. I love what you've done with the hard body and painting. The lights, and of course the wheels tires really make this stand out as a super beach blaster! Really nice job on a custom build!

Cheers,

Skottoman

This is RIDICULOUSLY awesome!!!!!! I have been considering what to try for my next project over last couple of weeks (first attempt at a proper scale type model). Initially I was avoiding buggies as not that interested but having seen this and also Skottomans wicked FAV scorcher, I reckon the FAV/Shark Attack could be a brilliant start to see how I get on (the CC01 on my shelf can have a reprieve for a while).

Thanks for the inspiration guys!

• Like 1

This is RIDICULOUSLY awesome!!!!!! I have been considering what to try for my next project over last couple of weeks (first attempt at a proper scale type model). Initially I was avoiding buggies as not that interested but having seen this and also Skottomans wicked FAV scorcher, I reckon the FAV/Shark Attack could be a brilliant start to see how I get on (the CC01 on my shelf can have a reprieve for a while).

Thanks for the inspiration guys!

Yeah' I aint too fond of buggies either' especially the ones that look like fighter jets with wheels?

The FAV is a very customizable machine' I had dozens of ideas for it' do a few mock-ups before you commit!

Cheers.

Very cool buggy, loads better than the original in my eyes...

I think this maybe a project I'll have to try..

Great work..

Very sharp looking buggy, the detail and colour scheme really make it pop. It's going to look awesome blasting across the sand...

I was going to make a mad max 2 inspired buggy from my fav kit but this inspired me to do something similar! Excellent effort :)