Sign in to follow this  
spencertrax

(AMG-Mercedes) New Project

]Hi, i haven't been on this site for a while, but as I have a new project it seemed like a good time. Just got an older CLK-DTM 2002 AMG-Mercedes kit from my brother. I have primarily off road trucks, scalers and crawlers the car should be a nice change. I have ordered a set of bearings for it as well as a stabilizer kit. Ordered some cheap alum. shocks that may fit or I'll swap out the ones on my Pajero cc01.

100_9349_zpsc424009d.jpg

Thought I may as well add some progress on the project. Picked up a new specrun receiver a new servo and some paint. Decided to use an set of high lift rims I had on hand just for a different look and painted them. Got a first coat of silver on the body tonight and took a quick mock up picture. I am going for more of a street look as opposed to box art. Thanks J

100_9352.jpg 

Wish the photo was larger, I think it's possible the hi-lift rims might look really good painted black!

Cheers,

Skottoman

Wish the photo was larger, I think it's possible the hi-lift rims might look really good painted black!

Cheers,

Skottoman

Thanks for the comment. Here's a larger picture, i realize it's not great but should give you an idea. I seem to have a thing for red rims lately. I used some of the decals from the AMG on my refurbished mini.

100_9355.jpg

100_9356.jpg

Bearings arrived today so I can start on the chassis this weekend :D Started on the decals last night. I do have a few more on since this picture, Pretty happy with the look.

100_9358.jpg

:blink: Well I have the body finished, looks pretty good for a runner. Sort of inspired by my Hyundai lol well the colour at least. I am happy with how I was able to use the window tint for the sun shade instead of the vodofone one. Which I saved and might put on the mini if I can make it small enough. Chassis work tomorrow.

100_9371.jpg

100_9370.jpg

100_8881.jpg

lookin good,

my old tb02 amg , card1044.jpg

currently working on a 190mm m04 chassis to go under the shell as i find the tb02 a bit boring to drive , the real thing would be rwd too ;)

lookin good,

my old tb02 amg , card1044.jpg

currently working on a 190mm m04 chassis to go under the shell as i find the tb02 a bit boring to drive , the real thing would be rwd too ;)

Great looking cars, the orange and silver look really good together. Rwd would be a lot of fun, maybe some drifting tires would add a little excitment :lol:

• Like 1