Arise from your grave!

Hi guys, I'm digging up this old thread to see if anyone with better 3D modeling skills than me (read: any), would be interested in helping me get this hairbrained idea finished.

Toykid has got to be THE MAN when it comes to 3D - maybe he can help ?

With the success of the Bad Influence Jugg/TXT build, I've moved this off the back burner:

Old:

spacer.png

New:

spacer.png

• Like 3

The front grille is wrong. It's a Terrano one, not King Cab one.

Terrano was a shorter King Cab with a crew cab and no bed in the rear end.

Max

Yes and no.

Yes the Terrano also has that grille, yes the terrano has a short bed and was available in 2 or 4 door with an integrated canopy in the back (like a suburban).

But after the king cab was the navara king cab, which was pretty much the older king cab with the navara grille. Friend had one for years.

Kiwi Thunder (80s monster truck) was a navara king cab.

2015-10-20-18-18-35-554816220_zps92qzr6t

• Like 1

Top work - I need to be teaching myself this 3D malarkey-business :D

Yes and no.

Yes the Terrano also has that grille, yes the terrano has a short bed and was available in 2 or 4 door with an integrated canopy in the back (like a suburban).

But after the king cab was the navara king cab, which was pretty much the older king cab with the navara grille. Friend had one for years.

Kiwi Thunder (80s monster truck) was a navara king cab.

2015-10-20-18-18-35-554816220_zps92qzr6t

That thing is strangely wearing a chevy bowtie also apparently the tyco bandit is a Navara king cab - which is what I used as a model for the grille because I always liked that version better.

• Like 1

Does anyone have/know where to find a scale drawing of a cc01 chassis viewed from the side? It would help me figure out what mods to do for mounting. (I already know a stretch is in order since the wheelbase I'm working with is ~180mm)

Looks like longer links should be enough to achieve the stretch (I may not even have to mess with the drop bed beyond mounting holes)

Pajero Chassis tub manually measured at 365mm to get the scale.

spacer.png

Off to the printers: (tweaked the rollbar to both be more accurate and to give me a place to mount the spare)

spacer.png

Body came in.

Considering that when I started this thread, creating this truck might as well have been attempting to be the first man to fly by flapping his arms, I'm quite pleased at the outcome.

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 2

That looks awesome, although your duvet cover is making me halucinate.

Wouldn't mind one! I know you like it because of the tyco bandit, but it also reminds me of the tyco afx slot car (truck) i used to have as a kid.

That looks awesome, although your duvet cover is making me halucinate.

Wouldn't mind one! I know you like it because of the tyco bandit, but it also reminds me of the tyco afx slot car (truck) i used to have as a kid.

Thanks, it's not a perfect fit on the CC01 so I'll have to do some hacking on the back end of the chassis - also I'll have to tweak the mesh to reduce the price to "not obscene" (the price jumped up quite a bit in the quote calculator when I added the ribs to the bed and I think it's because they weren't flush with the surface along their length)

I think Tyco may have owned all the hardbody rights everywhere, they certainly put these bodies on everything! - even on tracked vehicles!

Oh no, I just had an idea to make a hobby grade fast traxx.

The front grille is wrong. It's a Terrano one, not King Cab one.

Terrano was a shorter King Cab with a crew cab and no bed in the rear end.

Max

That depends, in the United States the last couple of years have that grill. Most do not. I know when it comes to cars in different regions small trim details can differ slightly.

Body came in.

Considering that when I started this thread, creating this truck might as well have been attempting to be the first man to fly by flapping his arms, I'm quite pleased at the outcome.Nissan_real1.pngNissan_real2.png

Omg just saw this. Totally awesome. You might want to consider separate pieces for things that require higher detail like the grill and doorhandles. The higher detail makes the printing cost exponentially more so it's always good to keep the detail to the areas that are In need. It will of course along to print clear so things like headlights and lenses can look out of this world. I am kind of upsets with lighting though so I may be prejudice. This build is looking amazing.

Quick update: the first test fitment. I had to cut a bit off the back of the chassis to get it to fit properly and I'm going to need to both move the chassis forward relative to the body (I modelled a Pajero-style front mount into the underside) by about 5mm and extend the wheelbase by about 10mm. Still, it strikes a nice pose at the right angle

spacer.png

• Like 2

So this happened...

Just got it in hand. Had to drive down to Nashville with a trailer and import it into Canada myself. The interior is kinda gross and the brakes don't work but overall I'm pretty happy with it.

If anyone's got a source for grey fabric bucket seats, I'm all ears 🤣🤣

IMG-20180928-WA0000.jpg

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Sayer said:

So this happened...

Just got it in hand. Had to drive down to Nashville with a trailer and import it into Canada myself. The interior is kinda gross and the brakes don't work but overall I'm pretty happy with it.

If anyone's got a source for grey fabric bucket seats, I'm all ears 🤣🤣

IMG-20180928-WA0000.jpg

Interessting tire setup on the trailer. ;)

Yeah,

We were actually only in the gas station to get gas. The blowout was discovered by accident. Looks worse than it felt obviously.

• Like 1

Very Cool!  If I restored my choice of an 80's truck, the Pathfinder/Terrano 3 door would be the one for me.

@Sayer thanks for reviving the thread, it’s been great to read through your journey and see your idea develop. Very cool!