Waz1176

Hi I'm new

Hi ive got a street rover and would like to put the same wheels as my sand scorcher on it

Is there any way of changing the hubs

Thanks for any help

Wezz

Not the hubs, but you might need different wheel adapters so you can use the wheel/tire combination of the Sand Scorcher's. The ones from the Frog or any ORV based Tamiya car will help you. I think you might be able to find CRP aftermarket adapters on eBay, too.

By the way, welcome to the club and HAPPY 2013!

Thanks mate so could I use the same as my Subaru brat

And will the fronts go on ok

thanks for the welcome been on here for about for years but I thought I would say hi

All I need now is the monster beetle to be re re

Happy new year

Wezz

I don't know where can I find some spare Street Rover tires and wheels.

Max

For fitting Sand Scorcher front and rear wheels on the DT-02 chassis of the Street Rover, there's a lot to do.

For the rear, you have to use re-re Frog rear axles and Tamiya's disc shaped wheel adaptors. You'll also need some spacers, as the Frog rear axles are very long. The gap in the drivecups of the axles are larger than usual, this will cause regular dogbone pins to slop around, which is not so bad at low speeds, but very bad at higher speeds, as it may cause excessive wear. Almost forgot to say: You may have to change your dogbones to metal ones as well, as the Street Rover just comes with chunky plastic bones, and I'm not sure if they may cause binding. Which will also give you the need to change the gearbox outdrives to metal ones.

For the front, you have to either cut away a bit of the steering knuckle, as it gets in the way of the inner wheel side. Or you use Super Astute steering knuckles. Beware, these are not a direct fit to the DT-02 front c-hubs. The Super Astute steering knuckles need to be drilled to 3mm holes for the c-hub screw pins, and you have to remove a bit of material to fit them in the c-hubs.

Don't worry, it is possible, and I've done it as well. You may also want to take a look in this article, which describes how to convert the DT-02 chassis for using old wheels AND narrowing the track:

http://www.tamiya101...gy_modified.asp

Thank you that's great info I can machine up some new drive shafts

And spacers and probably cut the front

Thanks for all your help really useful

Wezz