Sign in to follow this  
mr crispy

Tamiya parts on TV program's

Just noticed this and had to post it up. The CITV children's channel in the UK is running an "Old Skool" weekend showing some classic kids program's from the 80's & 90's. So I'm sitting here with my kids watching Fraggle Rock and thinking how well the "Doozers" construction vehicles have been RC'd when I thought, hang on! I know those wheels! One of the little dump trucks has Grasshopper rear wheels and tyres. Their diggers and loaders have an amazing amount of articulation considering the technology of the time, not to mention they're mostly made from clear plastic, so the mechanics have been well hidden.

Doozers were always my favorite part of Fraggle Rock. I could've watched those things for hours on end. Good job spotting this!

I loved the Terrahawks Overlanded! Didn't realise it used GH wheels tho. Jeeze they must've got through a few kits building that!

I spotted a QD Monster Beetle on Only Fools and Horses the other day and got beside myself :-)

Have you seen the Knight Rider episode with (I think) a Tamiya Opel Ascona?

J

Just bumped into this classic UK advert and spotted a Vintage Hornet.

The Terrahawks vehicle looks to be using Blazer/Wild Willy tires. Taller than Grasshopper rear tires. Some money there if they want to restore it ;-)

Just bumped into this classic UK advert and spotted a Vintage Hornet.

[media=]

[/media]

dont see model shops like that around anymore..

dont see model shops like that around anymore..

Actually Dorking Models still looks just like that. Boxes stacked high with poky little corners and a good mix of trains and kits... miserable git behind the counter (only joking Tony. FYI He compares at the War & Peace show!) no RC tho :(

Closest RC shop I've encountered to that is Mick Charles Models over near Cheam. Not the chatiest counter staff but they know their stuff alright! And a few model kits to tempt you with.

The Terrahawks vehicle looks to be using Blazer/Wild Willy tires. Taller than Grasshopper rear tires. Some money there if they want to restore it ;-)

I read somewhere (I think in the rebuild article) they were sand scorcher tyres & wheels.

Anyone catch the new series of The Gadget Show last night on channel 5? They have a box art VLB on the shelves behind the presenters and another plain RC buggy below it but I couldn't make out what model it was.