Sign in to follow this  
Tamiya1/10

Did Tamiya Dropped The Ball?

But after practically a decade of re-releases, Tamiya have made no such move. Meanwhile, some other manufacturers are now becoming quite well known for their realistic new buggies instead.

cheers,

H.

Spot on....

Is like growing up with MacDonald. I still like it once in a while, but I tend to go for other and different food. My needs and taste have changed.

Maybe Tamiya can attract the initial younger folks but once you reach a certain level of experience, you want more or end up doing modifications or end up going with different makes where they can satisfy your expectations.

I've been sorting through cars and something caught my attention about Tamiya hitting the mark or not. I've got cars I can only dream of driving in real life all around me. These are ones a lot of people feel the same way about. The racing Porsches, Jaguars and Ferraris or monster trucks, rally cars and the list goes on and on. I'm sure the company agreements to use the likeness and names wasn't easy, but it got done. I'm not talking about the abstact designs that could never work in real life, just the ones people dream of owning. Everybody and thier brother do the truckish buggyish sorta thing with thier own wrinkles to it but only Tamiya offers the real world cars and always has. To me that's hittin the mark pretty good. I'm quite certain that there are people employed to keep people like me from driving a sherman tank or formula 1 car around town in real life, but I can sure drive the RCs. :lol: