Over at Tamiyablog a new release part is labeled "TXT-2 aluminum damper with reserve". The damper part is self explainitory but the TXT-2? Hmmm. I wonder if a sequel to the TXT-1 is finally in the works.

Sounds like a typo to me.

T will never improve on the TXT-1, it's such a good design. The only thing you might see would be the same chassis with a hard detailed shell on it.

I kinda wondered that. I mean, other than the hop-ups they made, where else do you go with the truck design-wise from their standpoint? For the type of truck it is, they pretty much nailed it.

I kinda wondered that. I mean, other than the hop-ups they made, where else do you go with the truck design-wise from their standpoint? For the type of truck it is, they pretty much nailed it.

The only thing I could possibly see them doing would be a TXT style chassis with clod gearboxes on 4 links. I personally don't believe it's an improvement over the TXT transmission, as you lose the mechanically linked 4wd, but I know a lot of people prefer this setup due to the increased strength of the clod gearboxes.

I have 4 so I think I'm not a hater, but

There are plenty of areas on a txt-1 that could use improvement

prop shafts

lack of slipper

upper and lower links parallel so radical suspension changes are non existent

behind the axle steering setup

material used on axles not as brittle

weight reduction

captured ball end pivot mounts

My suspicion is since they are a second version of dampers (with reservoir) that is why they are designated txt-2. That or it's a typo :o.

I don't understand why they would release upgrades for a truck that went out of production a year or two ago... Have they released upgrades for other models out of production?

I'm going with an accidental leak for a new truck... :)

I have 4 so I think I'm not a hater, but

There are plenty of areas on a txt-1 that could use improvement

prop shafts

lack of slipper

upper and lower links parallel so radical suspension changes are non existent

behind the axle steering setup

material used on axles not as brittle

weight reduction

captured ball end pivot mounts

Agreed the prop shafts are cack. Some nicely made REVO copies would be great :)

Making the upper and lower links parallel would be difficult due to the transmission and battery location. If the transmission was made more compact (Which is possible BTW), it would lower the motors significantly which would then result in them being in the way of the 4 links. One possible way round this would be to use a single brushless 1/8scale size motor and ditch the twin 540's. Another way would be to have a transfer case in the centre of the truck and mount the motors up in the front of the chassis, although this would make the CoG worse.

I don't agree the car needs a slipper clutch. I just find them a PITA to set up and they slip when you don't want them to.

The captured ball end pivot mounts are a good idea in theory, but not that great in practice when used on suspension, as they restrict the amount of movement in comparison with the open ended type. I found this to my cost after fitting some massive ones to my Juggernaut, and then trying to convert the existing suspension to 4 link. The captured ball links didn't have the necessary movement in them. Fine for for the steering track rods though.

I think the Behind The Axle steering system would improve the overall look of the truck, but you would lose the capability to use 1/4 scale servos for steering as they would get in the way of the input shaft. I use these 1/4 scale servos on my basher and it is great to be able to turn the steering lock to lock when stationary. My axle guards have also taken some pretty heavy knocks so I wouldn't want to lose them in favour of a BTA setup.

The only place I see being able to lose weight from is the chassis, removing weight elsewhere is likely to weaken the truck.

Apart from the centre drive shafts I think they got the truck pretty good really.

Well, rather than starting a new thread I figured I'd bring this one back. So the TXT-2 is here! Thoughts? I liked the original better at first but the new one is growing on me. The old chassis looks higher "quality" but the new one looks more realistic. Bye bye cantilevers. I wonder if people complained about torque twist too much? The twin vertical shocks are a nice nod to the old Clod. Wish they kept the TXT-1's wheels though. Hope the price isn't through the roof as this one likely comes with an ESC.

Well, I like it. Actually looks like a Monster Truck - especially the newest Bigfoot. I've already ordered a complete set of TXT-1 Wheels and RC4WD Monster Truck tires for my Agrios :).

Looking forward to building and running one.

Also, JANDERSON has joined a thread over at RCMT and added the following information:

"Tires based off of TNX nitro truck

Wheels (new as we did not have a TNX wheel with TXT-1 hub)

New frame

New trophy truck styled body

No more cantilevers

I have to wait to see what else they give me in specs before I can talk about the drivetrain."

**Above cut and paste from RCMT response by Mr Anderson**

No cantilever means reduced axle twist. Not sure about this set up.

Max

I to already have a set of RC4WD Rumbles and txt wheels awaiting it's release.

I also have a set of anti sway bars and original lower links.

And I ordered a plate to do a behind-the-axle steering setup

I want to like this truck but I just can't justify adding it to the collection. The drivetrain looks like a direct carryover from the TXT-1. This is great as there will be spares for my TXT-1, but it reduces the need to shell out the money for a whole new truck. The TXT-1 will accept twin vertical shocks if need be. The price won't be cheap. It will almost certainly have an ESC (and probably bushings), further upping the price.

You may get lucky though there are many places now that sell kit only with electronics removed as they can bump prices up. I have seen this Afew times in local model shops. A with and without included esc price.

It's a shame the tyre choice is a parts bin special, and the name traditionally aweful.. Not a truck to be kept box art!

Chassis looks interesting, and the hop up dampers are tasty... They should make for realistic performance.

Looking forward to seeing what the transmission holds!

Found a thread on model sport uk's forum with some more chassis pictures. Looks like the weak drive shafts remain, sadly!

They could have raided the tnx parts bin even further, the tgm03 slider shafts fit the txt-1 outputs just fine..

The tires are not new mold, are the tires of the TNX nitro truck 1:8.

Max