BigSteve

Re release news

Hey guys,

This is my first posting on the site, so first up, hello!

I'm a collector of Avantes's and Egress's, and while I'd cry at watching the core of my collection half in value, the other half of me would rejoice at seeing the Egress get re-re'd. I'd love to build a brand new one, it'd be amazing!

I'd also love to see the Monster Racer series get re-re'd too. I've always fancied a King Cab!

:wub:

Carisma_booth_nuremberg_2013_00020-640x396.jpg

Carisma_booth_nuremberg_2013_00019-640x625.jpg

Carisma_booth_nuremberg_2013_00021-640x395.jpg

Unfortunately not by Tamiya though :(........

Carisma, looks good though B)

For me this simply confirms that there is nothing stopping Tamiya from bringing their 959 back either, certainly not in terms of original paint scheme being an issue.

:wub:

Carisma_booth_nuremberg_2013_00020-640x396.jpg

Carisma_booth_nuremberg_2013_00019-640x625.jpg

Carisma_booth_nuremberg_2013_00021-640x395.jpg

Unfortunately not by Tamiya though :(........

Carisma, looks good though B)

1/8 scale too.. Wow

Naturally these guys have been around for 3 years and I'm only learning about them now lol.

Looks like I was lucky, the golf looks way better in the width of the rear track, but the wheel arches still seem a little bit on the large size, would it be possible to push the wheels out slightly with larger hexes? I know that my other Tamiyas have a mm or two extra to play with before the nut loses thread. I really like the look of the wheels so would want to keep them.

Looks like I was lucky, the golf looks way better in the width of the rear track, but the wheel arches still seem a little bit on the large size, would it be possible to push the wheels out slightly with larger hexes? I know that my other Tamiyas have a mm or two extra to play with before the nut loses thread. I really like the look of the wheels so would want to keep them.

Yes, you can use the 6mm hex 53569. Then for the nuts, use the blue TRF that are cerated 42143. Then you won't have to worry about the nylon holding the thread

Thanks Raman sounds perfect, I don't know anything about the m chassis so looking forward to getting one. The original golf shape I love as much today as I did when I first saw it back it the day. Were they all rabbits stateside or just the rag tops?

As I've recently learned from mr crispy, Wild Willy 2 rear axles are 5mm longer than regular axles and will allow the use of 10mm hex hubs. I hope that helps.

Thanks Raman sounds perfect, I don't know anything about the m chassis so looking forward to getting one. The original golf shape I love as much today as I did when I first saw it back it the day. Were they all rabbits stateside or just the rag tops?

All the Mk1s were Rabbits in the US. The Golf name started with the Mk2 in 1985. Our GTI never said anything but GTI, regardless of year. And the ragtop was the Rabbit Convertible until 85, when it became known as the Cabriolet, later shortened to just Cabrio.

(My family was strictly VW/Audi during much of the 80s, so I remember all that minutiae)

Cheers fellas, GregM that reminds me I must have a look at mr crispys build. markbt73, you must of had some cool cars growing up. The reason I wondered was I was briefly in the states in '82 and saw a couple of convertibles the badge was a pair of rabbits doing what they did best, so guess it was a aftermarket badge but later learned of the rabbit handle for the Golf, but wasn't sure. Didn't we only get the Cabriolet a year or two after the Mk2 in the UK? It could be time seemed much slower when I was young.

The Shizuoka Hobby Show is 6 weeks away, and it's round about this time when early snippets of rumours/gossip/info hit the web.....so do we think another major re-re might get announced? Or will they leave off for a little while?

The remaining "biggies"...IMO.

* Porsche 959/Toyota Celica

* Blazing Blazer/Toyota Hilux

* Fox

* Super Champ

* Ranger XLT

* Egress

Will we see any of those? Or maybe the Mountaineer will now arrive to compliment the Bruiser?

Another one I'd really like to see is the Taisan Porsche 911. My wallet won't like it but I try not to listen to my wallet too much round about this time of year. :)

• Like 1

One thing for shure! There will be more three speeds in the future! Why develop a brand new metal gearbox with totaly new mountings?

Maybe a lorry truck with the new gearbox? I really hope they will re-re the Hilux/Blazer! But with hex on the axels instead!

Badboy

Well there's been a lot of good egress models on eBay in the last 2-3 weeks and a fair few new builds from vajra kits across various forums, I'm expecting to see it realised. Blazer or Mountie I think they may hold off a year yet.

One thing for shure! There will be more three speeds in the future! Why develop a brand new metal gearbox with totaly new mountings?

Maybe a lorry truck with the new gearbox? I really hope they will re-re the Hilux/Blazer! But with hex on the axels instead!

Badboy

I agree, although who knows what else it will be used on? Would be great to see the original Hilux make a comeback though, although I think that's a bit unlikely seeing that the Hi-lift & Bruiser are currently still available. Three Toyota trucks at the same time might be a bit of overkill.

Well there's been a lot of good egress models on eBay in the last 2-3 weeks and a fair few new builds from vajra kits across various forums, I'm expecting to see it realised. Blazer or Mountie I think they may hold off a year yet.

All of the limited edition Egress bits are now officially discontinued. Haven't a clue if this makes it more or less likely that an Egress will come soon. I think the 959 and/or Fox are the most likely.

Did you buy all of them ? ;)

Did you buy all of them ? ;)

Nah, I have two now and tamiya era needs a few more ;)

Been quite a few Superchamp NIB kits getting around too, maybe.......

I reckon the Astute could be a contender for re-release treatment.

As for the F150 Ranger XLT, I'd rather see that on a 3-speed chassis. It's all wrong as an SRB.

- James

• Like 3

Still looking forward to a 959 re-release but in all honesty would not mind a break from any big re-re's this year as I still do not have the bruiser I so badly want. Although I've almost all the hop ups I want for the kits I do own so maybe I'll be in a position to buy this year.

Chris

Can't think of any re-re's I 'd like to see now that haven't been done already. Would prefer to see some newer scale models, but in a different vein to what has been done already e.g. 1/10 4x4 or 6x6 off road lorry, maybe a 1/16 half track, 1/10 tractor, etc.

i'd be happy as a clam if the Fox were re-re'd! same with the Super Champ. i'd get a SC to build and keep the Fox NIB. ooh, and a re-re Blackfoot - would keep NIB too...

BUT

is there are reason to believe Tamiya's plan is to continually re-release old models? is it possible we may have seen all the re-releasing they intended to do?

i'd be happy as a clam if the Fox were re-re'd! same with the Super Champ. i'd get a SC to build and keep the Fox NIB. ooh, and a re-re Blackfoot - would keep NIB too...

BUT

is there are reason to believe Tamiya's plan is to continually re-release old models? is it possible we may have seen all the re-releasing they intended to do?

Re-re's are a license to print money for Tamiya... I can't see why they would stop! And certainly not before I've gotten all I want, of course! :ph34r:

I'm in for just about anything that I was unable to get as a kid. And if they make some newer kits that look interesting, mores the better. Like the ridiculous Farm King. Couldn't pass that bizarre thing up. Still wish I could find a Mammoth Dump somewhere too....

• Like 1

...is there are reason to believe Tamiya's plan is to continually re-release old models? is it possible we may have seen all the re-releasing they intended to do?

There have been comments on this board for at least the last five years that "(insert model name here)" will be the last re-release, one to go out with a bang etc etc, and yet sure enough within months another one is announced and the merry-go-round starts again. :D

The "nostalgia" market is a real money spinning addition to Tamiya's portfolio and there is no way that they are going to just stop producing them out of sentimentality. This is going to go on and on. And on!

• Like 2

I'm in for just about anything that I was unable to get as a kid.

That was a clever sentence, can't agree more.

• Like 2