BigSteve

Re release news

OMG! No!

I always wanted a Monster Beetle back in the 80's but I had a Frog converted to Brat and then Hotshot. 90's I had a Blitzer Beetle which I loved and reminded me of the Scorcher.

I sure hope thats just a rumor because I'm waiting patiently for a real Monster Beetle re-re. If thats really true I will have to just make one.

Well I'm really looking for a hotshot 2 or a 959 although a bigwig would be more than welcome as I've just risked buying a decal sheet on the hope it will receive the re-re treatment sooner or later.

Chris

• Like 1

It is likely a belated April Fools prank, but a friend of a friend who is in the trade mentioned that we'll be seeing a Blitzer shell moulded in red, mounted on a WT-01 chassis, supplied with MB-inspired decals, and branded the Neo Monster Bug.

What do you think the chances are that it is true?

I wouldn't like it on that chassis but I'd be all over a red Blitzer shell as I'm sure many others would!

It is likely a belated April Fools prank, but a friend of a friend who is in the trade mentioned that we'll be seeing a Blitzer shell moulded in red, mounted on a WT-01 chassis, supplied with MB-inspired decals, and branded the Neo Monster Bug.

What do you think the chances are that it is true?

I've wondered for quite a while now why this hasn't been done. The parts are all there, and it would be in keeping with the tone of some other re-res, so ... I'd say that it is possible at the very least.

Well I'm really looking for a hotshot 2 or a 959 although a bigwig would be more than welcome as I've just risked buying a decal sheet on the hope it will receive the re-re treatment sooner or later.

Chris

tbh whatever they announce I'll prob end up buying :D gutted that I missed the Re-re Boomerang however I'm happy with my Vintage one

• Like 1

So we did get at least one new re-release for Shizuoka....the Porsche GT2, which is basically the Taisan Porsche coming back. Personally I am really happy to see this one coming back as it was near the top of my re-re wishlist. No really earth shaking announcements though, which is quite unusual for this time of year as there has always been something over the last 5 or 6 years that gets everyone revved up in anticipation for the show in May.

Time for another bump. :)

We will get news of the November releases at the end of this coming week. What's coming then? That rumoured Nissan King Cab? The Bigwig, released onto the market in January so that it is a "30th Anniversary of the 10th Anniversary Kit"?

Or maybe something even bigger? 959? Blazing Blazer?

In the blurb for the forthcoming Tamiya Fair they are promising a "spectacular lot" of RC models. Lets see if they really mean it. :)

• Like 7

It'll have to be something pretty impressive to top the Monster Beetle!

• Like 1

Big Wig, Hilux, Big Wig, Hilux, Big Wig, Hilux, oh and if that's too much to ask, then the Hot Shot II will keep me quiet for a few months lol!

• Like 1

It'll have to be something pretty impressive to top the Monster Beetle!

Well to be fair, early on this year in this thread people were pleading for a MB re-release and they got their wish. Lets hope Tamiya oblige some of the requests once again next month. :)

I wish they would rerelease some parts...

Like a King Cab diff, or long dampers, or the king cab body,.....

Long dampers had been already rereleased with the Boomerang.

Max

Tamiya Blog posted a blazing blazer video recently....... interesting.... think a 959 is way overdue..

Every year, I hope for a true 959 re re, and every year, I come away thinking maybe next year lol. Maybe, this is the year.

• Like 2

I'm a bit surprised that there has been no news whatsoever regarding November's releases yet. It must have something to do with the fact that this year's Tamiya Fair starts a week later than usual. Surely there will be some announcements over the next few days though.

• Like 1

There was the ff04 evo black. Then it's gone quiet. Strange.

Be careful what you wish for! ;-)

I would only wish for it to laugh uncontrollably for at least 20 minutes. A Jun Watanabe Lunch Box would look like a purple-y cow!

4wd wheelie Lunchbox prediction in the Re-Release Discussions.

LOL!

To be honest, any "release" news would be good - re-re or otherwise. The suspense is painful :D