BigSteve

Re release news

I'm surprised Tamiya has never made an r/c based on a Mars rover or other kind of NASA vehicle.

The big news (if there is going to be any) often seems to come only a day or two before the show opens. Anyone know when that is?

R/C Models

84422  1/10 R/C FF-04 EVO Chassis Kit Black Edition

84423  1/10 Glow-Engine R/C TG10-Mk.2FZ Racing Chassis Kit

47307  FF-04 EVO Titanium Screw Set

51583  1/10 Scale R/C Mazda MX-5 Body Parts Set

54676  GF-01 White 5-Spoke Wheels

54677  GF-01 Chrome Plated 10-Spoke Wheels

54678  GF-01/WR-02 F Parts (Black Plated)

So...is this really all we are getting? I cannot ever remember such a paucity of new models for a such major part of the calendar year when new releases are usually announced. Very strange.

No I think that's just the usual monthly release news that happens every month with Tamiya.

No I think that's just the usual monthly release news that happens every month with Tamiya.

They don't have a monthly release news snippet though. Generally speaking they happen four times a year...late January, late April, early August and early November. This time of year is usually a time where lots of new kits are announced....or certainly more than what has been revealed this time. It's more or less just parts that they have announced for the coming Fair.

Fairs do's, I understand your point. Those monthly lists though seem to inform which kits will be available to buy worldwide in that month. What Tamiya tend to do though is make an announcement roughly once every quarter giving advance notice of the kits that will be availabe over the coming months. Then every month they list which kits will be available, from that quartely announcement, in said month.

Around this time of year they normally give advance notice of what will be in stores between November and early February. If what they have listed is all that is coming over the next 10 weeks or so then it will be unusually sparse compared to previous years.

Still, we have a few days until the fair so they might make another announcement yet. :)

Aren't there usually a surprise or two, when the fair opens?

Not always. Fingers crossed we get one this year.

Not always. Fingers crossed we get one this year.

I'll will like a 959 for Christmas B)

• Like 1

How about Kyosho. Been a while since we got the Tomahawk. Last year we had the Beetle at this time. Will we see the Optima at the fair?? Now that would make my Christmas perfect.

• Like 1

I would also love to see the 959 and Optima (or Optima Mid) released - I really hope they are not released at the same time though, I'd have a badword of a job explaining to my wife why Santa was being so generous this Christmas.... :unsure:

• Like 1

I would also love to see the 959 and Optima (or Optima Mid) released - I really hope they are not released at the same time though, I'd have a badword of a job explaining to my wife why Santa was being so generous this Christmas.... :unsure:

Small world, I'm from Romford too :D

• Like 1

I'll will like a 959 for Christmas B)

I've asked for this every year now for what seems like ages. This year, I won't ask. More chance that it'll then show up but the scuttlebutt has been the King Cab. ;) I would love a Kyosho Javelin or Optima.

Small world, I'm from Romford too :D

I really hope you are not my wife spying what is on my wish list... :blink:

• Like 1

hahaha no your ok :lol:

<< Till you get home mister :lol: ...

Should have run with it :P

• Like 1

to be presented on upcoming Tamiya Fair 2015:

95267 Aero Avante Gold Plating Version

95268 Aero Avante Black Plating Version

95269 Aero Avante Blue Plating Version

Lowride Pumpkin with poly body

Lowride Pumpkin with poly body

This is already available in the UK, I can't remember which shop it's in but pics have been posted on FB.

Is the Aero Avante that popular that they are making a 4th special color? I must be part of the problem as I did buy the red one.

They could be MINI Yon W D's. ;) PS, the next re re will be my post count. I will not post until it's officially announced. (Prior statement may contain no facts whatsoever)

• Like 3