BigSteve

Re release news

Is the Aero Avante that popular that they are making a 4th special color? I must be part of the problem as I did buy the red one.

I think they're mini 4WD ones, rather than full size RCs. We don't need tempting in to buy another :D

They could be MINI Yon W D's. ;) PS, the next re re will be my post count. I will not post until it's officially announced. (Prior statement may contain no facts whatsoever)

Looks like we won't here from you for some time :P ...

• Like 2

They could be MINI Yon W D's. ;) PS, the next re re will be my post count. I will not post until it's officially announced. (Prior statement may contain no facts whatsoever)

Good one Theibault !! I seem to recall you being the bearer of great news in the past ........ The 959 was tied with the Bruiser and the scorcher as my all time fav tamiyas... It has been such a long journey.... Wouldn't a 959 re re be something......

• Like 1

Good one Theibault !! I seem to recall you being the bearer of great news in the past ........ The 959 was tied with the Bruiser and the scorcher as my all time fav tamiyas... It has been such a long journey.... Wouldn't a 959 re re be something......

Yes it would. I have hope. However, now that I've made a few more comments, should Tamiya read my post and release a model based on my post count, we'll probably get this. ;)

1986_Porsche_961-0-2048_zps2vmpumhp.jpg

• Like 7

It's OK Theibault, I screenshotteded your post for posterity, just in case you turned out to be right B)

tc_postcount_zpsebx39m5s.png

• Like 2

Ok, not much longer now. King Cab, 959, Big Wig? Here's hoping we get a great surprise. What all do you guys think we may see, if anything?

There are a lot of great possibilities, but the one I would be most likely to actually purchase would be a King Cab. I am not a huge ORV fan but I would love to add an early truck to my fleet.

That said, the Striker is delightfully quirky and might end up as a purchase too if it appeared, and my wife has wanted a Bigwig for a while now...

• Like 2

Im hoping for falcon, striker or bearhawk

Bearhawk - leftfield choice!

Don't get me wrong, I love mine to bits, but I don't think it's never been high up on the wishlist for a re-re. Would be nice to get a fresh source of bodies and decals tho :)

• Like 1

I'm secretly hoping we may get a 3 speed variant a la original Hilux 4x4. Bigwig/959 I feel will be the star of this show!

• Like 1

Not much news from Japan! I've been scanning the live Tamiya streams (one at 3am this morning!) and the net but can't find much. Next year is the big anniversary, maybe they are saving up any Re-re's for their 40yrs anniversary?

• Like 1

A pretty pitiful line up this year, easily the worst November selection I can remember. On the bright side, with no tempting re-releases, I can get a few other kits off the never ending wishlist. :)

• Like 4

Next year is the big anniversary, maybe they are saving up any Re-re's for their 40yrs anniversary?

I think so.

I'm a little relieved as this gives my wallet a reprieve for a little while. Still would have like to have seen another classic get re released.

I think a part of it may be that we are so close to xmas they'd probably rather sell more of those already released than announce something which may mean people holding off on a purchase to get a freshly announced kit.

I'm pretty tempted with an SRB/Wild one this xmas, I probably wouldn't plump for one of them if a BigWig/Hilux/HSII was in the offing!

To the Nuremburg fair next year then!!

I can almost hear the Tamiya execs from here: "They just got the Monster Beetle, what more do they want?"

• Like 10

I can almost hear the Tamiya execs from here: "They just got the Monster Beetle, what more do they want?"

You nailed it.
  • Like 1

No good for those of us who aren't Monster Beaters lol ;) !

Can't complain, Wheeler and MB this year...roll on next year, it gives me a chance to catch up on some stuff. Don't want them all coming too soon, what will we do then lol!!!

• Like 1

Don't want them all coming too soon, what will we do then lol!!!

There are quite a few rere's that can use another batch, so rerere is hopefully in the pipeline :)

• Like 2

There are quite a few rere's that can use another batch, so rerere is hopefully in the pipeline :)

I missed the Boomerang. That's one I really want.