BigSteve

Re release news

lol - dont get me wrong I am 100% for the re-release of "as they were" models - but I do love running my Holiday Buggy 2010 as its a quantum leap ahead of running an original...

The Fox would be different though as its a better performer from back in the day (so I am lead to believe)

The Fox is ridiculous without the front sway-bar. Almost comical looking with literally zero roll stiffness in the front. Weirdest box-stock design ever.

The Fox is ridiculous without the front sway-bar. Almost comical looking with literally zero roll stiffness in the front. Weirdest box-stock design ever.

ah the old 'so ugly it's beautiful' paradox. the fox has a strange look. when i first saw it i just thought it was odd... but then it grew on me. in a major way. then i drove one and it reminded me of one of those long speedboats with two enormous outboard engines on the back. the front of the car was just there for steering and to get out of the way - which is what the bow of a boat does. i miss driving boats, which i did for most of my early life since my dad sold them, so that's another thing that drew me to the fox.

but getting back to the paradox... there've been a number of analyses that find that mediocre beauty is almost universally appealing. but exquisite beauty is often polarizing. why this is, i'm not sure. but you see it with the fox. some people think it's ugly, odd, etc while many others, especially those who've had a lot of exposure to it to 'acquire the taste' think it's stunning.

here's a good read on the math of subjective beauty that parallels this...

http://blog.okcupid....tics-of-beauty/

Well the front suspension needs come kind of attention. I've gone a different route and have the parma adjustable front arm set, and with a bit of camber in the front wheels, it's a totally different animal, without the reduced steering the front sway incurs. It's super stable at high speeds and tracks straight as an arrow, turn in is great and the rear doesn't let go like it used to.I highly recommend that set up.

More info filtering through. I've started a new topic just for the Nova Fox.

58577 Nova Fox

The driving force of 80s off-road buggy boom revives as “Nova Fox”! Racing 2WD Buggy that was released in 1985 will be finally resurrected. Durable ABS resin monocoque chassis with built-in RC mechanism in the frame. Sealed gearbox, 4-wheel independent double wishbone suspension with rear drive dog-bones. One front, two rear CVA damper with sufficient travel. High drivability by front ribbed tires and rear oval blocks with gold plated wheels.

58568 Neo Scorcher (TT-02B Chassis)

Beginner 4WD RC Off-Road Buggy! New design “TT-02B chassis” in form of “Neo Scorcher”. Excellent running stability, TT-02B chassis of motor shaft drive 4WD is highly reliable. Frame bathtub type of low center of gravity and wide tread equipped with a flat tub for battery and RC mechanism. 4-wheel double wishbone suspension with oil dampers for excellent shock absorption. Flexibility on rough road surface, coupled with a high spike tire grip and high traction. Built-in front and rear differential gearboxes that promise smooth cornering. As a buggy it can be run on any place, recommended for RC beginners. Optional parts can provides a rich tune up.

• Like 1

I can't wait to see what they're looking like. :)

Me too ;-)

i hope the Nova Fox i a real rere of the Fox with new stickers, as like is the Super Hot Shot is for the Supershot !

and not a DT-02 with the Fox body

The Shizuoka Hobby Show is 6 weeks away, and it's round about this time when early snippets of rumours/gossip/info hit the web.....so do we think another major re-re might get announced? Or will they leave off for a little while?

The remaining "biggies"...IMO.

* Porsche 959/Toyota Celica

* Blazing Blazer/Toyota Hilux

* Fox

* Super Champ

* Ranger XLT

* Egress

Will we see any of those? Or maybe the Mountaineer will now arrive to compliment the Bruiser?

Another one I'd really like to see is the Taisan Porsche 911. My wallet won't like it but I try not to listen to my wallet too much round about this time of year. :)

So then, another one does indeed bite the dust. :D

I know this has been covered before but I am convinced that, when it comes to re-releases, this place has a significant influence over what comes back. All of the names that crop up time and time again in these forums have ended up getting re-released. And for my money that makes a 959 re-re a shoe-in to happen soon.

I know this has been covered before but I am convinced that, when it comes to re-releases, this place has a significant influence over what comes back. All of the names that crop up time and time again in these forums have ended up getting re-released. And for my money that makes a 959 re-re a shoe-in to happen soon.

so... what you're saying is there's a mole.

so... what you're saying is there's a mole.

Nah, just that their marketing department keep close tabs on these forums. :)

That being the case...EGRESS, EGRESS, EGRESS, EGRESS, EGRESS, EGRESS, EGRESS, EGRESS :)

• Like 1

So we shouldn't really joke about the striker. :unsure::D

• Like 2

As do many companies tbh.

If TAMIYA Re-release the 959 I will buy one the day it hits the stores.

As do many companies tbh.

If TAMIYA Re-release the 959 I will buy one the day it hits the stores.

Provided they fix some of the driveline issues, I'll buy more than one 959.As for the Fox, bring it on! Never had one as a kid, but there was another kid down the street who had one and would occasionally roll with me and my brother and our Hornets. Would gladly snap up one for myself!

Provided they fix some of the driveline issues, I'll buy more than one 959.As for the Fox, bring it on! Never had one as a kid, but there was another kid down the street who had one and would occasionally roll with me and my brother and our Hornets. Would gladly snap up one for myself!

I think that's the magic of re-re's, they entice you into cars that you never wanted as a boy, but have nostalgic memories of them none the less.

I've bought loads of cars that I didn't have/want as a lad. Now that £100-200 isn't the MASSIVE deal that it was when I was 14, buying these things purely from a 'tamiya catalogue nostalgia' perspective is so much fun. Me and best mate would spend hours pouring over the catalogues, analysing the intricate details of each car down to a fine point and doing the whole 'if my dad won the pools I'd have XYZ' thing.

I think a Monster Racer re-re would be a rather marvellous thing too, as not only were/are those trucks fantastic, they are beautiful lookers too. I'd LOVE to grab a NIB King Cab one day.

• Like 2

Excited about the the Fox, but I'm still wanting the 959! It looks like that may be the next iconic re-re. You hear me people at Tamiya? ;)

• Like 1

959 would be a no brainer to follow the sand scorcher and Bruiser...... Guess I will get the Carisma 959 when released...

It's good to see the Lancia Delta Integrale coming back on the rallye XV-01 chassis. I wonder how many other Tamiya chassis types had been yet gifted with this nice oldschool looking bodyshell?

It's good to see the Lancia Delta Integrale coming back on the rallye XV-01 chassis. I wonder how many other Tamiya chassis types had been yet gifted with this nice oldschool looking bodyshell?

:D

I owned the first TA01 release and was a fun to drive... not to much attracted by TT01, DF03Ra or chinese clones but, this time and with this chassis, I will be forced to buy it. The "Deltona" is a must to have.

Knowing tamiya of late more than likely a DT-02 :lol: . Heck they seem to have put every other body on it so why not ;)

By every other body, do you mean the Holiday Buggy and Sand Rover ? No offence bromvw, I do get the wink smilie !

I count two retro body styles that have been applied to the DT02, that is the Holiday Buggy and Sand Rover (the Neo Falcon doesn't count because it has no link to the Falcon).

So why are so many folks critical or concerned that other 2WD buggies are going to feature the DT02 chassis ? I just don't think there will be any more retro cars coming out on a DT02. Why would there be. My 2 cents for today.

I think that's the magic of re-re's, they entice you into cars that you never wanted as a boy, but have nostalgic memories of them none the less.

I've bought loads of cars that I didn't have/want as a lad. Now that £100-200 isn't the MASSIVE deal that it was when I was 14, buying these things purely from a 'tamiya catalogue nostalgia' perspective is so much fun. Me and best mate would spend hours pouring over the catalogues, analysing the intricate details of each car down to a fine point and doing the whole 'if my dad won the pools I'd have XYZ' thing.

Absolutely spot on! As I kid I was doing paper rounds, mowing lawn and car-washing and all sorts to fund my off-road RC racing...I never wanted anything other than race kits and upgrades.

Got my first kit as a combined Christmas and birthday present, then swapped traded all sorts of things for different models within the clubs I raced with.

For example one of my cars (may be been one of the hotshots but tbh I really can't remember) was a straight swap for a skateboard and some stupidly expensive wheels lol..that then got flipped for another car after a while.

Now I'm "grown up" with money to burn I'm loving the hobby all over again... Was out in the garden last night with MissB playing with Lunchbox and Midnight pumpkin, we had an absolute hoot.

Re-release the BLAZER or nothing else . Please lock this forum so Tamiya can just focus on the blazer. No one wants the 959 or the fox, bear, deer , owl....Blazer or bust.

• Like 1

Re-release the BLAZER or nothing else . Please lock this forum so Tamiya can just focus on the blazer. No one wants the 959 or the fox, bear, deer , owl....Blazer or bust.

i am not sure that no one want the 959 or the Fox, i am quite sure that the 959 beat the Blazer.3 speeds are very limited sale compared to others ;-)