Old_Ford_Guy

Midnight Pumpkin steering servo set-up advice needed

Hi All,

I am just getting back into RC Cars now after many years of being a 'responsible parent' (or that's what I was told I needed to & tried to be :lol: ).

I have just got myself a Midnight Pumpkin which I'm in the process of setting up properly ... the trouble is:

1. The servo operations are reversed ... i.e. forward on the transmitter made it go into reverse (sorted not as the wires were connected incorrectly).

2. Can anyone PLEASE, PLEASE Post up a photo of how the front servo that controls the steering is supposed to be set-up as I can't seem to get it to turn right when I push the transmitter stick to the right & vice versa.

3. Can anyone recommend anywhere near to Cardiff, South Wales to get spare parts from? I only have 1 body mount and I have had to 'butcher' the one shock to get it together as it was broken when I bought it (second hand - for £15 with battery, servos, transmitter, Charger (which is broken) e.t.c.).

If anyone can point me in the right direction (even if it's a link to the correct part of the site - I'm still a 'Newbie' on here, although I'm on many other Forums, mainly Classic Cars), I would be very grateful.

When I was into RC Cars before ... If I needed anything, I just got on a bus into Cardiff, got off outside 'Beaties' got what I needed and caught the bus home again ... things have changed a lot since then, though).

I will try to get some photo's up as soon as I can sort it out (take some, find out how to get the links to display in the new 'Photobucket' site that they have re-vamped, e.t.c.).

Cheers,

Aaron.

Before you install the steering servo and servo saver you need to set the servo to neutral by connecting it to your receiver and powering up(making sure your transmitter steering trim is also in the middle) or using a servo setter (a few pounds on eBay),then fit the steering servo saver with the steering rods on it to the servo, sounds like the servo is at full right lock already and needs to be re-set. You can buy the Pumpkin E parts with body mounts on it , it's still available on eBay or you can buy alloy ones

There should be a small switch on the controller/ transmitter which will swap the steering, just under the steering stick if you have a stick transmitter. If you have a pistol grip transmitter I dont know where the switch will be.

Modelsport uk are good for parts and fast delivery.

Fusion hobbies are also good and give a discount just for being a member here.

Cheers all, for the quick replies.

I am downloading the manual now.

I found the little servo operation reverse button and it swapped the direction of the servo so I've just put the arms e.t.c. back on now & it's running OK.

I've just got to find some body mounts for sale now, as mine are snapped (all but 1 of them).

Are the front ones different to the rear ones as it looks like the rear ones can't be used on the front because they sit wrong and the 'R Clip' goes through the hole at the wrong angle.

Can anyone point me in the direction of where I can go to get some Alloy/metal ones from (without a 2 week wait from China e.t.c. )?

Cheers,

Aaron.

I centered the servo, before re-fitting the arms ... I have always just turned the Transmitter ON, then the Receiver ON, which should allow it to return to it's 'Natural' or 'Resting' position, which should be central ... just to be sure, I put a straight arm on it and turn the servo (whichever one I'm using) with the transmitter both ways and make a note in my head to see if it travels the same amount each way ... if it does them SORTED.

Or is there an easier/quicker way (without spending m any money)?

I centered the servo, before re-fitting the arms ... I have always just turned the Transmitter ON, then the Receiver ON, which should allow it to return to it's 'Natural' or 'Resting' position, which should be central ... just to be sure, I put a straight arm on it and turn the servo (whichever one I'm using) with the transmitter both ways and make a note in my head to see if it travels the same amount each way ... if it does them SORTED.

Or is there an easier/quicker way (without spending m any money)?