I have been lucky enough to move into a house with a massive garden,

Around 20metres X 5metres will be turned into a track, The main straight will be at least 10metres long with the possibility of being extended.

I have dug out a channel to a depth of around 100mm, laid weed control fabric and a layer of hardcore as foundation.

I was thinking about using 50mm hardcore for foundations, then 50mm gravel or soil.

I don't really want to use gravel as a top layer for obvious reasons, so how about a gravel and soil mix? the soil here has a high clay content so it should hold the gravel, and the gravel will provide drainage.

So what to use for my track?,

Photos will follow later, and progress will also be added as and when I get around to it.

Sounds cool - definitely like to see some pics. Wish I could do the same thing - I'd be in serious trouble with my wife though 8-)

Nothing much to show yet,

Here's how it was before I started, well actually I had started to lay out the foundations but you can't see them in pic.

I have allready cleared about a ton of brambles and hawthorn, and rubbish that was left behind.I cant seem to link to photobucket?, will try again later.Anyway I have removed all the weeds and dug out the first 5metres of track, it is just under 1m wide and maybe widened in the future although it will have wider sections for overtaking.Nope can't right click in the reply box?

Definately want to see some pics when it is finished!

OSR

Can't seem to add any pictures just now, right click isn't doing anything, my right click is working, just not in the reply box.I think 10metres is big enough for a straight?, might not be enough for full speed on my fastest car but I would need a field for that.As soon as I get this forum issue sorted I will post pics of work so far.It's going to be a similar shape to an "R"pin, body clip but maybe with an extra "U" bend for good measure.Also it's hard work but it's all going to be worth it in the end.I am all ready driving round it mentally. lol

hi fellas, wolfdogstinkus you could use a mix of surfaces , try and find some old astroturf for one section , hard pack clay for another , you can get really cheap needle punch carpet off cuts for peanuts , it drains really well and lasts for ages outdoors as it has no backing and is fully synthetic,

looking forward to seeing the pics :)

Definately want to see some pics when it is finished!

OSR

Gonna be a while till it's finished, trying to get as much done as possible before it freezes.

So bbq's and racing at yours this summer lol.

Yes possibly?, should have it done by then.

Pictures!!!! ;)

Sounds great to have that much space!

This garden is about 3times the size of an average garden in the U.K.

hi fellas, wolfdogstinkus you could use a mix of surfaces , try and find some old astroturf for one section , hard pack clay for another , you can get really cheap needle punch carpet off cuts for peanuts , it drains really well and lasts for ages outdoors as it has no backing and is fully synthetic,

looking forward to seeing the pics :)

Thanks alfagta, I do have some old bits of carpet, was going to take them to the tip as they are rather unsightly but maybe able to incorporate them into the design.

Looks like it maybe a mixture of gravel and clay then, don't want to use gravel alone as it will get everywhere, and the clay soil alone will have little drainage.

Are photobucket links still allowed?, am I doing something wrong?.

The track layout and medium sound promising! Will you be racing primarily buggies, off-road cars, trucks or a combination?

Hi Grastens, I have 3cars that will be capable of running on the track,

DT-02

Blitzer beetle

VW Wheelie WR-02

Paulozz lives round the corner so he will be here to help or he aint using my track. lol

And if it's worthy when finished, I may invite some of the local members round for a bash.

It will be off-road only, well thats the plan anyway, I did consider a flat track with moveable jumps but decided against it. Things may change before it is finished.

seems ok , i used the direct link tab which should work unless its a private album in settings.

no worries, had the same issue a few weeks ago on a hi fi forum.

now show us that there track ;)

Ok, so this was it to start with, the line of cinder blocks in the foreground was going to be the end of the track but now I have cleared all this weed, I have more than double the space.

Ok, so this is less than half of it. and this was a before pic.

zoesphonepics410.jpg

• Like 1

i will take some better pics tomorrow, I have made loads of progress since then, I have been piling up all the green waste in front of my car, just looking at these pictures and you can't see the car's number plate, now you can't even see the car. :lol:

full of promise, keep at it , get in touch with astro turf companies that are close to you and ask if they have any off cuts or even old stuff that they have lifted when redoing 5 aside footy pitches etc , you should be able to pick some up at a couple quid a meter , keep us all posted !

;)

nice , plenty of room for a good track there ,enough room for a good jump or two too , looking forward to the video's ! ;)