JWeston

CW01 Chassis

I've been very tempted to add one of the Unimog to my last 3 orders with Stella, but the Camper Wheelie is too good a buy at present !

It looks like Tamiya might have given the 'Lunchbox' chassis a name - CW01.

I've been trying to get clarification on this too and just cannot find a pic of the chassis by itself anywhere!

I see a lot of people are making the assumption this is the VLB chassis and if it is then Tamiya have retro-named it the CW-01 BUT I don't think it is, from looking at the pics it looks not quite right, I'm sure it's different from a VLB chassis but just can't find a definite answer on the net.

Guess we'll have to wait until someone gets their hands on one.

• Like 1

@ Percymon - just a heads up on the camper wheelies. My £99 Wheelie just arrived from Fusion and I was amazed to find it still contained the ESC. There's no mention of it being included on the Fusion site and at that price I was sure it would NOT be included, but it is! Bargain City!

P1010244_zps9943f951.jpg

I just read thru both manuals. The only difference I can spot is the Mog is labeled 1/10 and the Lunchbox as 1/12. However, when viewing the manuals, the parts appear to be the same for the chassis. ???

• Like 2

I've been trying to get clarification on this too and just cannot find a pic of the chassis by itself anywhere!

I see a lot of people are making the assumption this is the VLB chassis and if it is then Tamiya have retro-named it the CW-01 BUT I don't think it is, from looking at the pics it looks not quite right, I'm sure it's different from a VLB chassis but just can't find a definite answer on the net.

Guess we'll have to wait until someone gets their hands on one.

I'm glad it's not just me driving it's crazy then! :)

I just read thru both manuals. The only difference I can spot is the Mog is labeled 1/10 and the Lunchbox as 1/12. However, when viewing the manuals, the parts appear to be the same for the chassis. ???

Thanks Theibault! :)

That's it clarified then. It's 1/10 because the shell is 1/10. I'm surprised the price is so high but maybe Modelsport will re-adjust that when they hit the UK.

J

That makes sense :) Checking the manual is the obvious thing to do. Well done Theibault - have a Schrutebuck.

I guess the old adage is true - if it looks like a Lunchbox and drives like a Lunchbox, it probably is a Lunchbox

I am not surprised to see Tamiya release this body on this chassis as wheelying Mogs have been popular in Japan for a while. Everyone is dropping shortened Unimog bodies onto the WR02 chassis for fun racing. Clearly Tamiya don't need to shorten the body as the VLB chassis is the perfect chassis to put it on for the same effect. I bet they're hoping to sell a load of these in Japan.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=L5cAY8_HhhU

I see the unimogs that stellamodels have, have pre-painted bodies.

Blue Version - Pre-painted body in Blue color.

Are these bodies lexan?

Yeah they are lexan.

And if they weren't pre-painted they'd just be the normal 58xxx kit.

I think the various pre-painted ones are special editions with 84xxx kit numbers.

Gday all.

I have a VLB that I bought a Unimog body for, and I'm wondering what body posts to use.

I've tried searching for a CW-01 Unimog manual, but can't seem to find one.

If anyone can steer me in the right direction (either pt# for posts and/or manual), it would be much appreciated. :)

Thanks in advance.

And, by the way, what does the "C" and "W" stands for?

The Unimog looks really really nice. I wonder how long it's going to take the buyers to change the originals wheels for HPI's 2.2 geolanders... Typical.

That makes sense :) Checking the manual is the obvious thing to do. Well done Theibault - have a Schrutebuck.

I guess the old adage is true - if it looks like a Lunchbox and drives like a Lunchbox, it probably is a Lunchbox

I am not surprised to see Tamiya release this body on this chassis as wheelying Mogs have been popular in Japan for a while. Everyone is dropping shortened Unimog bodies onto the WR02 chassis for fun racing. Clearly Tamiya don't need to shorten the body as the VLB chassis is the perfect chassis to put it on for the same effect. I bet they're hoping to sell a load of these in Japan.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=L5cAY8_HhhU

Hmmm..

Can anyone please tell me where I can purchase the M parts tree #19115364?

I have found the D parts easy enough. They are the same as on the CC01.

But with all my searching, I can't find the M parts... :(

Is it just me, or are they hard to find? :rolleyes:

What's on the M parts?

Edit: oh got it in Twinsets link above. Didnt think I remember seeing M parts in my VLB build :)

Can anyone please tell me where I can purchase the M parts tree #19115364?

I have found the D parts easy enough. They are the same as on the CC01.

But with all my searching, I can't find the M parts... :(

Is it just me, or are they hard to find? :rolleyes:

Anyone? :unsure:

Wow those are fast Unimogs on that RC Pro-Am video, they're clocking 70+ :lol:

Seriously though, I have never had any desire to own a Unimogs but after watching them racing in the first video they look a hoot to drive, more so than the Lunchbox even though its the same chassis! That black one in the video seemed invincible right up until the end.

I was going to get a crawler as my next RC car but now I'm not so sure!