Rockcrusher

Tamiya's sexiest buggy

holy cow - this thread is just a live wire - and is starting to fold in on itself like an n-order spatial dimension in superstring theory - or like a fallen souffle - or... well... anyway, i think at some point this madness needs to stop and a poll should be introduced based on the models nominated by the various posts in this thread. then we can just see quantitatively which buggy would make the best-looking mutant offspring of TC members.

holy cow - this thread is just a live wire - and is starting to fold in on itself like an n-order spatial dimension in superstring theory - or like a fallen souffle - or... well... anyway, i think at some point this madness needs to stop and a poll should be introduced based on the models nominated by the various posts in this thread. then we can just see quantitatively which buggy would make the best-looking mutant offspring of TC members.

+1

Bring on the beef !

Or horse if you live in the UK... ;)

Haha!

Sorry for the off topic question,

But where can i find a driver figure and NOS bottle like the one featured in the blue tamiya in the last page?

You need to look for "Wild Willy" make sure you have safe search on. :D

Edit:: Pipped to the post by Skottoman. And he provides a link to avoid any embarrasment at work.

Optima is cheating - much nicer looking than any Tamiya, but this thread is title "Tamiya's sexiest buggy"...

BTW - I was definitely joking about the Sonic Fighter.

(Or was I? mwhuhahahahaha....)

The Sonic fighter. Me and a few buddies, used to sit around, and just laugh at that back page RRCI ad they used to run for this car......then the name, it became a sort of cuss word......but it is a lovely shade of grey hehe.Im still saying Dynastorm, even though Beef caught me using banned substances, and i tested positive for Optima.lee

You know, I actually like the Sonic Fighter. To me it looks better than the Striker. The Striker's open cockpit just seems like its missing something.

Ahh - yes. You're not wrong... (not quite as sexy as the Optima though)

Might look better with a Dyna Blaster shell though... ;)

Now that we are talking about it, I reckon "sexy" would make a great theme for the next competition. Over to you Mods!

• Like 1

I do like the FAV!

saver3.jpg

Fastattack.jpg

attackv001.jpg

Super hornets pretty also

superhornet003.jpg

and the good old hornets one of my faves!

tamiyas006.jpg

• Like 1

You know, you can't deny, the Hornet, is sexy. But, i raise you....one of these.......

SAM_0311.jpg

lee

Without a doubt it would have to be the Dynastorm, if you haven't put one together or looked at one closely you might not know what I'm talking about. The fit and finish of the components has been the best kit experience I have ever encountered old or modern. The suspension travel and movement is super smooth, really long travel, the dampers are beautiful! I cannot fault this car for looks either, still the best performing 2WD buggy Tamiya has produced... watch this model come back again, it surely will!

JAmes

Those are the most boring looking types of buggies IMO.

Typical ugly box wing...don't care if it's functioal or not...it's ugly.

Ugly big dish wheels/low profile tires that rise higher than most of the body

Ugly low slung spaceship body makes it look like a flat plate with wheels

I think the best looking Tamiya buggy was the Super Champ

imrs48.jpg

This ^ combined with the swing arm rear and realistic roll cage of the FAV= Art to me

Both the SC and FAV however are VERY nicely detailed kits

As it happens in other spheres of the human experience, anything can be "sexy". It would be hard (and the size of this here thread shows) to come together to an specific idea or notion on what can truly be "sexy" about some RC buggy.

For me it's realism. That's why I'd go for the Rough Rider. Fast Attack Vehicle, Super Champ, and the Grsshopper are others that I might recall.

Here's my Rough Rider:

salvapantallasorig_zps6818b900.jpg

• Like 2

Oh, this is an easy one for me.... #1 the Fox.

Sooooo I guess my list would be...

Fox

Super Champ

Super shot

Frog (no pink please)

Avante