Sign in to follow this  
darthfury78

Does anyone have a Latrax in their collection?

I want to know if they have every played with a Latrax R/C car back in the early 1980's. In addition, does anyone remember the different models that they produced? The Latrax brand doesn't seem to have a history, except that it was founded by Jim Jenkins who sold the company in 1980 after 2 years in being in business. I must admit that they are strange cars. Does anyone have them in their collection? They are not easy to find on ebay. When they do appear, I always miss them.

I've just got this one old dirty chassis I found at Goodwill. It was originally a Firebird, but when I found it the body was long gone and the box was shot. This is all that's left. I couldn't leave a fallen soldier behind though!

I don't really have any plans for it. It could be fun to clean up the chassis and find a new body to fit, but I have too many other projects as it is. It will stay as is until I need parts from it, or decide to sell it off to someone who will give it a good home.

IMG_4760_zps2af15cc3.jpg

This poor car looks like it had a rough life!

Hi Flatout,

There is no need to sell you Latrax. I can help you out as there is a guy who not only has the parts to make you car run again, but a body shell as well. Here is the email address to the guy who I had the pleasure of doing business with in 2011:

David Schroeter
57freek@ameritech.net

ebay.jpg

Please contact him if you want to restore your Latrax R/C as he has all of the parts available.