Sign in to follow this  
HomerJHandley

What is your 1st RC thought when heavy Snow is forcast?

mine is three simple words

"Prepare the Clod"

(ie fit the speedo & receiver and waterproof them and ensure all batteries are charged :) )

Nothing, I have a road legal quad bike that takes pole position in the snow :D

Charge up all the snow cars is the first thought. Second is ah **** no speed runs this weekend.

That I wish I could try driving an RC in the snow...

Never have done that, and we don't get snow in Santa Cruz...

Well i did prepare the clod, and promptly drove straight into an immovable post...Doh.

Have to re-glue the body together again now!

My first thought used to be: "See, this is where that Pajero Wheelie could have come in handy!"

Now it is more like: "Shovel a track in the backyard tomorrow..."

Thanks to the latter I can now run buggies, with smaller wheels, in the snow. I only recently got into winter driving and realized what I missed out on; I love the challenge of driving a car around a snow/ice circuit and getting either a good line or massive four-wheel drifts!

Had my Axial Wraith charged and ready since before Christmas... but I'm still waiting for the flippin snow! Been looking forward to a nighttime drive with all the lights blazing :D

85F4AEC1-CD19-4E64-8206-01CD0F8EC750-267-0000005696415D70.jpg

I used to run my Dualhunter in the snow, but now all my attention is turned to my Wraith. A VXL and some chains and it really comes to life. It's total blast to drive in the snow!

My dewalt powered emaxx and 14.4 v wild dagger were interesting. Turns out 14.4 v in a wild dagger in snow is abit excessive. Neither of which had any trouble what so ever. My mad bull however was a different story.

first thought - get Quadzilla ready for another snow run .

Had my Axial Wraith charged and ready since before Christmas... but I'm still waiting for the flippin snow! Been looking forward to a nighttime drive with all the lights blazing :D

85F4AEC1-CD19-4E64-8206-01CD0F8EC750-267-0000005696415D70.jpg

Don't worry, it's on it's way over to you soon I would imagine, been tickling us all day with it today (i'm berkshire/oxfordshire border).

My first thoughts, well I've run a brushless baja champ in snow a couple of years back, not enough grip, too much power. But fun enough ;)

this time round I don't have anything built :( well anything that could manage it.

So my thoughts this time would be... ahh, day off work - get building in the warmth with some tunes on, it's bonus time - early weekend and nowhere to be!

.... but then I remembered I got a wife (who would be home too) and kids (who would no doubt be home too thanks to that panic driven school of theirs - grrr) and I imagine it to be another day when she had it all worked out!... :(

Hey ho, might just walk to work....

Well I may go with different RC's depending what type and how deep the snow is...

DEEP 1/10 Summit for sure maybe my air boat

3 in or so Mini Summit

maybe 2 or so lunch box wild willy sand scorcher

less than 2 some rc tanks kyosho sand master , slash and a few others

No such problem here, farthest thing from my mind. Hottest Sydney day on record. 46 degrees C and no chance of snow (that's 115F).

On another note, how do you stop tires melting on a hot day? :o

- James

Yey its finally started this morning. Think I'll wait till its deeper to try out the Wraith. I tried running my LB in the snow last year but it just dug itself in and sat there wheel spinning.

Edit:

Great fun as predicted :D

27DB763B-1FB0-4C3A-A9D4-20FEEAEBA8F2-13011-00001335598FE2B8.jpg

Not the best video as I was filming, driving and watching the kids but you get the idea.

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e323/crispy7480/RC%20cars/Wraith/6FB834F5-C72D-4F33-A676-40E752132273-13011-000013353EB41D28.mp4

Deep snow was even better and gave off huge rooster tails :D Should look good with all the lights on once its dark later.