Sign in to follow this  
spencertrax

Snowplow, my answer to "what have you done today/heavy snow forecast"

Well those to topics got me thinking about my former plow truck. It was built on a cut up tl01 chassis with a blackfoot body and home built aluminum plow. I always liked it and had good feedback but in order to help out my nephew I dismantled it and gave him the body and plow gear. i still have the chassis such as it is and am thinking of restoring it back into a car again. Anyhow back to the present I also have my first scale project a modified TA02 with a blackfooot body as well. As it was snowing yesterday and my wife was away I made a pot of coffee and started digging through some of my scrap and found enough aluminum to recreate another plow. While its not complete yet i made pretty good progress. Plow blade made, split a piece of 1" aluminum tube and opened it up. I used some other odds and ends to make the brackets to mount it to the truck. i haven't built any up right s to mount lights as I don't have any yet. Servo mounted for the lift need to build the linkage this morning and mount some electrics maybe even some paint. Jay

100_4803.jpg origional plow truck

100_9377.jpg new plow parts and pieces

008.jpg progress as of this morning

• Like 1

Well I guess this is done for now other than figuring out how to program the 3rd channel on the DX3, as I haven't used it yet. I decided not to add plowlights as the truck is lifted and the headlights clear the plow, looks a little like the cheap plows they sell at walmart etc. Put a trailer hitch on as well. Cheers J.

005.jpg

004-1.jpg