alfagta

Hobby King X-car 60A esc

I'd definitely like to hear about your experiences with this ESC. They also have a 120A version. Did you get the programming card to go with it?

hi speedy, sadly no as it states you need the 'x-car esc card ' and i cant seem to see it anywhere , i have left a question on the site to see if it is specific to the range ,i cant access the usa HK site , have you seen the programme card over their at all?,, its not a big deal at the moment as i got the esc from the global site so i should have a couple of weeks before it arrives ,

the x car esc's do look alot like the latest hobbywing esc's so i may even get away with using one of theirs, will be keeping an eye on discussions on the HK site to see what turns up ;)

I don't know if you noticed this on the page you linked to, but underneath the "Add to Cart" button there is a colored "ACC." button. Clicking on that reveals both of the following entries:

"USB Programming Adapter for Hobbyking X-Car 120A & 60A ESC"

"Hobby King HKSS programming card for HK 150A ESC "

There are "Buy Now" buttons that allow you to add the accessories to the purchase...

I don't know if you noticed this on the page you linked to, but underneath the "Add to Cart" button there is a colored "ACC." button. Clicking on that reveals both of the following entries:

"USB Programming Adapter for Hobbyking X-Car 120A & 60A ESC"

"Hobby King HKSS programming card for HK 150A ESC "

There are "Buy Now" buttons that allow you to add the accessories to the purchase...

thanks speedy , found them, not sure if i should go for the usb , noticed that a few users couldn't get the software to install , given my lack of intelligence with all thing's 'computer :blink::wacko: ' i may just go for the card :lol: , thanks again.

just a quick update to this post,

got the ESC, so far its been very very good, unbelievably quick , 38mph from my M04 EL with a 19t pinion and 15.5t motor , here is the odd thing though , there is absolutely no cogging at all even at less than 1mph ! and thats unsensored !! :D i didnt do a full speed test with the 7.5 trinity or 8.5 trackstar motors though, i will say "it was too fast" , guessing it went over 60mph with the 7.5 :o , if you want cheap brushless that goes super slow or super fast smoother than any other esc i have tried then this is the ESC to have,

now the bad bit :( , none of the hobbyking cards work to program this esc ! :angry: ,but both my hobbywing and yeah racing cards work perfectly :) , this all adds credence to theory that this is in fact a copy of ,or, a rebadged hobbywing V2.1 60A esc , some owners have successfully loaded hobbywing firmware and say it goes even faster and runs even cooler .

i WILL be getting more of these and its 120A big brother. IMAG0093_zpsa520ca8d.jpg

• Like 1

got the usb dongle for this esc today , works perfectly , you must have the esc connected to a battery and switched on when using the dongle!!!!,

vast range of tuning options ,

lots of firmware options ready loaded in the pc software including a zero timing stock mode right through to a V3 boost mode (default ! which explains why this esc left my castle sv2 looking slow!) ,

i love this little esc , so quick, so smooth and soooooo veeerry cheap it seems to good to be true , will add info to this thread if any relevant info becomes apparent.

the lack of any documents with the esc is not so good but i have added all the correct files and info in the review and files sections in the esc listing on the HK site ,

if i feel brave i might fit the 7.5t motor at the weekend and do a few full speed runs :D

The price is definitely right!

hi speedy ,

so is the performance , i am still scratching my head over how it can run so slow uncensored without even a hint of cogging :blink: , i did a quick measurement and it took just over 3 seconds to travel 1 foot at min throttle yet it fly's when i peg the throttle , i have never had a brushless system that could do this so smoothly, even my novak goat crawler system couldnt do this when geared at the same ratio , just goes to show how far brushless has moved on , shame its not waterproof as i would like to put one in my crawler. :D

getting a little cogging at min throttle after i adjusted timing though!!

Interesting .

I always thought that these were 2nd rate copies of the H/W system but obviously not. There amp rating is a little different offering a 45A esc. Always thought they came in 25,35 & 60 Amps . Just put in a order to H/K too <_<

Maybe the same spec as the good H/W esc. I will keep this in mind when I need another brushless esc.

Thanks for the heads up.

• Like 1

It's on backorder right now but I purchased the 120a version for my DB01 (since my Hobbywing 60a is buggin out right now).

Seems like everything's getting cheaper. What was 100+ dollars a few years ago is now 26. Cheaper, or at least it is in the odd universe of Hobby King.

HobbyKing has LRP X11 motor clones that are less than 1/3 of the LRP price. I might pick up the 5.5t version of that too.

Side note: There's got to be a reason that all of this is so cheap. The Chinese companies hare are reverse engineering the stuff they copy - so less cost in research and development. But I also think the materials they use are cheaper. In electronics that means less tolerance to heat etc.. Still worth the cheap price? Maybe so.

hi Yello,

wait until you try one , i am ,to put it simply, blown away!! 19t pinion in an M-04 with a tame 15.5 and 60a esc and it clocked 38mph , my castle sv2 with same motor and gearing could not match that ,

would be much obliged if you post up your impressions when you get it as i am planning on getting a 120a too,

cheers,

:);)

just ordered another 60a X-car esc , would have went for the 120 but they are still out of stock :( , its only going to be used in my holiday buggy with a 17.5 or 15.5 motor so the 60a will be fine , at a grand total of £19.50 shipped to the UK these are the bargain of the year :D

alfgata, I'm glad you like the ESC. But it's frustrating for me to wait for my 120a. Wait time may well be more than a few months. badword, maybe I won't get the ESC before this year ends. :P But I'm encouraged by your review of the 60a ESC. I'm sure I'll like my ESC when it finally gets into my RC.

i know how you feel Yello, i have been waiting for an age for the 13.5 and 17.5 motors to come into stock at the UK warehouse , i think HK were taken by surprise as these x car esc's sold quite slowly at first but now people know what they are the demand has rocketed , especially for the 120a , HK will be on the case as they were with the ORX gr300 RX (god send!!) i reckon another couple of weeks tops and your esc will be in a little brown box on its way to you :)

update.

x car 60a with x car 10.5t motor in the m04EL ,sensored, still with 19t pinion and 2s li-po , esc luke warm and motor luke warm 46mph max speed with minimum boost and a little bit of boost delay, two steps below default timing , with boost turned up and timing at default (which i havent tried!!) this thing would launch into orbit ,

i think i will disable boost and take the timing down farther still which should give massive run time from just a 3200mah :D .

thought i would let you all know that you can also use your hobbywing and yeah racing esc's that are the old V1.2 with the hobby king usb dongle so you can update firm ware and user settings on your computer without needing to buy the HW LCD program box ;):D

You snooze, you lose. Just came to order one of these and a 13T EZ-Run for my Frankenscorcher and they're out of stock :(

Looks like I might have to go for the HobbyKing Brushless Car ESC 60A w/ Reverse instead.

You snooze, you lose. Just came to order one of these and a 13T EZ-Run for my Frankenscorcher and they're out of stock :(

Looks like I might have to go for the HobbyKing Brushless Car ESC 60A w/ Reverse instead.

thats a shame :( , i watched the stock go from +10 to 8 in a few minutes and thought, better grab another, by the time i had checked out stock was down to 2 , and then a few mins later 0 ,

the hobbyking 60a w/rev esc is ok but you will need some space as they are a bit larger than most , or you could stick in an order for the x-car esc and dongle and then wait, the more folks pre order the faster it will restock . :)

the 120a version is back in stock too.

i cancelled the order a while back and ordered the 80a waterproof ezrun. i believe i'll be happier with the ezrun. but if you're looking for a sensored/sensorless 120a 1/10 esc for less than 36 US dollars, then here's your chance.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__28377__Hobbyking_X_Car_120A_Brushless_Car_ESC_sensored_sensorless_.html?strSearch=x-car

Tip: Leave the page open for a while. Eventually a discount is offered. The 120a version can be had for less than 33 USD if you're patient enough.

all discounts are applied automatically if you sign in to your account before adding to your basket fellas ;)