Sign in to follow this  
Captain Hazzard

Alternative bodies for the Brat

My re re Brat has been bashed to within an inch of its life, and it desperately needs a new body. Are there any that will fit straight on, or is it a case of buying anyhting I fancy and making it work?

Are there any different tyres which will fit it? I live right near a beach now and the original ones don't really cut it for sand bashing.

And also if anyones got any tips for upgrading it I'd be more than grateful to receive them. All these years I've been running it stock, apart from a new motor.

Cheers in advance!

Maybe a beetle shell would look good but i think mounts wil need to be altered. the frog body will fit with the corect mounts. Beetle is the way i would go though.

Since the Brat shell has been released on the WT01 chassis, presumably other WT01 bodies should fit the Brat chassis?

Yes, any of these bodies (Blackfoot Xtreme, Blackfoot III, Mud Blaster II, Bush Devil II) should fit wheelbase-wise, as they'd been released in the same or similar form on one of the three ORV chassis generations as well. They just need some sort of body mounts.

I wonder ,would midnight pumpkin shell fit the wt01? that would look quite nice with more scale wheels tucked under the arches to give a vice vintage pick up ,not sure though as I cant seem to find wheel base and track width for the pumpkin shell.

According to Tamiya101, the Lunchbox/Pumpkin chassis has a wheelbase of 207mm, and I assume the bodies are of that wheelbase too. The WT-01 and its 4WD cousin WR-01 have a wheelbase of 286mm, so the 1/12 scale Pumpkin body may look a bit odd sitting on that chassis.

Are there any different tyres which will fit it? I live right near a beach now and the original ones don't really cut it for sand bashing.

If you want to use other tires, you'll need to change wheels as well. Frog and Grasshopper wheels will fit straight on. Modern wheels will fit using adaptors, more on that in this thread:

http://www.tamiyaclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=59357

Thanks a lot for all the pointers and help chaps. I'm going to get myself a pair of Frog rears if I can find them. And Bugjammer, thats an interesting post! I'm gonna have to experiment I see!

My re re Brat has been bashed to within an inch of its life, and it desperately needs a new body. Are there any that will fit straight on, or is it a case of buying anyhting I fancy and making it work?

With little work you can fit a VW body to it, and it will sure look great.

Here's the one I used to have.

bratle.jpg

With little work you can fit a VW body to it, and it will sure look great.

Here's the one I used to have.

bratle.jpg

That looks ace!