alfagta

nuremberg toy fair ?

Are the four chassis pictures on the right side of the Ferrari TT-02 on the Dickie-site with the new TT-02?

Tamiyablog has pics up now. Not too exciting from what I have seen.

it would appear that Tamiya has successfully managed to use even more plastic on the tt02 , :lol: , at least it has a sealed radio box now but whats that air ram over the motor all about??? and those front hubs look like they will last,,,,,,about 2 seconds but, I wont prejudge until I have had a go with one. ;)

Looks like another big truck, and no cantilevers this time!!

Chassis panels for decals are a pretty sweet touch B)

txt1.jpg

txt2.jpg

1:1 decal panels

img169_17072005130056_2.jpg

• Like 1

@dabigbozz: Hotlinking pictures from Tamiyablog.com isn't allowed by the server host and thus pics aren't accessible this way from TC forums. :)

Try that link instead:

http://tamiyablog.co...-fair-2013-059/

I like the body style. It is still no "true" R/C short course truck (neither the DT-02 Nissan Titan nor the TA-02T Ford F-150 Baja were), but it's more appealing to the eye than the TXT-1 body in my mind.

from what I can see on the TT02 , it now has far greater steering angle , easy access diffs with horizontal split diff gear boxes , the diffs now have screws that run right through the case (no more crown gear coming loose ) , the air ram over the motor would appear to be a fan fitting point ,are Tamiya aiming this chassis more at the beginner drift market??? the drive line is still a pile of plastic though and still no C hubs ,there are lots of new nooks and crannies for crud to build up in , :mellow:

The Golf body looks a helluva lot better on the M-05 than the Renault 5 does.

• Like 2

I like the body style. It is still no "true" R/C short course truck (neither the DT-02 Nissan Titan nor the TA-02T Ford F-150 Baja were), but it's more appealing to the eye than the TXT-1 body in my mind.

It's a great shape, thankfully they went a bit more 'curvaceous' this time

Nice stuff for the WR-02 and re relase of the TF evo and Terra Conqueror mini 4wd

I like the tube frame detail on the TXT2... I also like the legitimate sponsor decals on the side panel. I'm going to guess $600 street price on this truck as the TXT1 kit was around $440 when it went out of production...

@dabigbozz: Hotlinking pictures from Tamiyablog.com isn't allowed by the server host and thus pics aren't accessible this way from TC forums. :)

Try that link instead:

http://tamiyablog.co...-fair-2013-059/

Thanks for the hint about the link GregM :rolleyes:

You're right about the body styling of the TXT-2. It looks better than that of the TXT-1.

I might get the TXT-2 body to fit on my TXT-1 (but with more realistic stickers)

Cheers,

dabigbozz

White or red chassis rails for the WR-02 - - handy if you want to do a winter camo scheme with a Wlliy, but can't help but think coloured chassis is a bit lame for a toy fair release !

I also notice the TXT 2 seems to be single motor. Not too keen on the new 3.2" rims and low profile tires. Makes it look very Redcat.

Sorry Tamiya, but what the badword is the TXT about when it comes to the body and wheels?

The chassis looks good, i like it, but that body? It's a monster truck, not a short course truck.

And those wheels look like they've been stolen from a Nikko toy for an 8 year old.

Poor..again.

• Like 2

...but that body? It's a monster truck, not a short course truck.

And those wheels look like they've been stolen from a Nikko toy for an 8 year old.

Poor..again.

I agree with you on the wheels, the offset/dish and the plain colour don't suit the rest of it, but the shell could've been much worse :lol:

txt3.jpg

txt4.jpg

• Like 1

Agrios. Cool, just needs a new set of bigger wheels, hard body (maybe F150) and a new name :)

Love the look of the new Golf. Did they do something to the rear wheels to make it fit better than the Renault?

James.

I love how a stock Subaru was released on the XV-01; a few owners will get a chance to own a scale car with the same kind of performance they can expect from their full-size vehicles. The few owners who also like RC cars, that is... but that is another fun part of the hobby.

Me, I also love the Agrios shell (maybe not the decals), even if it looks a bit peculiar on the TXT-2. Would be interesting to see it dropped on a modified Dyna Blaster chassis or anything else resembling a short-course truck chassis in Tamiya's lineup... In the meantime, it just appears to be attempting to cash in on the popularity of SCTs without actually being one.

Tamiya take note, twin hammer, scale and performance. Interesting.

• Like 1

Agrios;

AGRIOS & OREIOS (or Agrius and Oreius) were a pair of half-human, half-bear Thrakian (Thracian) giants. They were transformed into birds by the gods as punishment for their cruel barbarity.

The names of the pair mean "the wild" or "savage one" (Greek agrios) and "mountain-man" (Greek oreios).

So there :ph34r:

• Like 2