skip665

WANTED - QD Pistol Grip Controller with replaceable xtals

Hi all,

Just built up the Midnight Pumpkin I bought from LeeMutz for my little boys 3rd birthday which is coming up.

I have a Tamiya Expec pistol controller but its just too big for his tiny hands :(

Does anyone have an old QD (Quick Drive) controller (which is smaller and easier for little hands to operate) which I could buy - not bothered if it comes with a car or not it just must have the replaceable 27Mhz crystals.

Anyone?

:)

fyi - one thing i've noticed when trying to switch between qd and full size Tx's is that the channels seem to be switched. the xtal works fine, and you can control throttle with the wheel and steering with the trigger. i suppose you could just switch the wires on the receiver. although things like throttle cutoff would just cut off steering (!) while leaving the throttle going. i was mainly looking to do the reverse and use a full size Tx with qd buggies, but until i find one where you can switch the channel functions it won't work for me.

Thanks for the heads up - if I can find one I will give it a go I think - cant hurt to try :)

i'd send you one but the shipping to the UK is probably not worth it. there are lots floating around over there...

sorry to hijack this thread but this is the reason i signed up on Tamiya Club.

I have both pumpkins (full size metallic edition & black QD version) I need a remote for the QD version because when i use the remote from the XB full size pumpkin the steering becomes throttle and the throttle becomes steering.

In Skip's situation he just changes the ESC/Servo leads around on the receiver for his full size. In my case the QD is a circuit board and I cannot change it around.

Long story short, I am looking for a radio for a Quick Drive.