JWeston

Cheaper Receiver for the Core-RC Code Multi-Model

Hi all.

I have a: Core RC Code 2.4GHz 3-Channel FHSS LCD Stick Combo

15 model memory and the CR151 receivers are £23 (plus shipping) so it was all starting to add up a bit...

By chance I spotted an FHSS Receiver on the Hobby King site that looked just like the CR151. At £8 including postage, I took a gamble and ordered one. I'm happy to say it works and bound with no problems at all.

I haven't given it a full outdoor test but I can't imagine it would be inferior to the CR151 receiver.

The Hobby King receivers are called: HK-3000 3ch 2.4ghz FHSS RX

At a third of the price, I am well chuffed and have ordered another 4.

Core-RC System: http://www.modelspor...-products/38217

Core-RC CR151 Receiver: http://www.modelspor...-products/38219

Hobby King Receiver: http://www.hobbyking...ransmitter.html

I hope this helps give someone a nice result. 3 for the price of 1. Pucker. :-)

Thanks, J

• Like 1

bummer, i have the etronix one that is DSSS, and £23 for a receiver is too much, hence why i swap between models. got excited for a moment!

:(

• Like 1

The same radio (Core RC is a brand owned by Schumacher) is also sold in the UK branded as the Tamco TAC330 (distributed by Amerang) and Etronix Pulse EX3GPro (distributed by CML). The Etronix version is available in both a stick and pistol-grip versions, and the pistol-grip version is also sold as the HobbyKing HK310/GM Racing (Graupner) XG6i/Robitronic TL-3C/Venom V3RT/Modelcraft (Conrad) MC30. The case of the pistol-grip version looks to have been 'inspired' by the Sanwa MX3.

The OEM manufacturer for the radio is Xinyi/HiSKY (Guangzhou Chiyuan Electronic Co., Ltd, China)

http://www.tradeeasy...2/selling-leads

http://www.chiyuan.n...llClass=&page=1

The pistol-grip version is the CY-310. The stick version (CY-330) uses the same innards but built into the case of the CY-200 model, presumably created for markets where stick radios are still popular (such as the UK). The OEM version of the receiver is the XY3000 - some of the rebrands have kept this number (Robitronic), or modified it slightly (Hobbyking HK3000).

The original version of the pistol-grip radio also appears unbranded as the 'N4-Q'. There are 3 versions of this model - the original 40MHz FM model, a 2.4GHz DSSS (non-frequency-hopping) version, and the current 2.4GHz FHSS (frequency hopping) version, The stick version appears unbranded as the 'N3-S'. some the rebranded models (Etronix, for example) were originally the DSSS versions and were later replaced by the FHSS versions (but with the same model number!). The DSSS and FHSS TXes and RXes are unfortunately mutually incompatible.

The lower-spec pistol TX models (CY-220 and CY-300) and the receivers are also found in a lot of RTR car sets branded as the manufacturer's own products (OFNA/Hobao and Great Vigor, for example). I have also seen this lower-spec TX sold on it's own packaged with a XY3000 receiver as the Intech/Power Racing/Etronix CY300

If you find any 2.4GHz 3-channel receivers from the above brands they will probably work with the Code radio as well. If it's one of the unbranded 2.4GHz receivers to make sure it's the FHSS version.

• Like 3

Chaps

I run a HobbyKing HK310 2.4Ghz. Silly question but does anyone have some decent instructions that have a troubleshooting section? I sparked mine up the other day after a month or two out of action so I could set up some servo's to go in the Astute and the M3 and the **** thing just keeps beeping at me :angry::lol: two beeps intermittently. Doesn't appear to be anything wrong, all lights up ok.

Will chuck some new batts in it (would like to convert it to LiPo actually, getting fed up of throwing Duracells in it so will see if there's a tut on YouTube or something) and reset the Tazer esc, see if that works. Great bits of kit as well, and yeah at £8 for a receiver can't really go wrong. Worked lovely back in the summer....

Cheers

Lee

Do any of these 2.4GHz stick radios have a throttle stick (the left stick) that just goes up and down, and not also left and right?

Similarly , do any of these 2.4GHz stick radios have a steering stick (the right stick) that just goes left and right, and not also up and down?

I also need a spring return on all axes, not e.g. a ratchet action on the throttle.

Help?

Alistair G.

bummer, i have the etronix one that is DSSS, and £23 for a receiver is too much, hence why i swap between models. got excited for a moment!

:(

Have a couple of those rx's here as bought with job lot .. will see if i can find them

Do any of these 2.4GHz stick radios have a throttle stick (the left stick) that just goes up and down, and not also left and right?

Similarly , do any of these 2.4GHz stick radios have a steering stick (the right stick) that just goes left and right, and not also up and down?

I also need a spring return on all axes, not e.g. a ratchet action on the throttle.

Help?

Alistair G.

they are 2 channel so stickonly move up down for throttle and other just moves right left and yes are spring return

Hi all.

I have a: Core RC Code 2.4GHz 3-Channel FHSS LCD Stick Combo

15 model memory and the CR151 receivers are £23 (plus shipping) so it was all starting to add up a bit...

By chance I spotted an FHSS Receiver on the Hobby King site that looked just like the CR151. At £8 including postage, I took a gamble and ordered one. I'm happy to say it works and bound with no problems at all.

I haven't given it a full outdoor test but I can't imagine it would be inferior to the CR151 receiver.

The Hobby King receivers are called: HK-3000 3ch 2.4ghz FHSS RX

At a third of the price, I am well chuffed and have ordered another 4.

Core-RC System: http://www.modelspor...-products/38217

Core-RC CR151 Receiver: http://www.modelspor...-products/38219

Hobby King Receiver: http://www.hobbyking...ransmitter.html

I hope this helps give someone a nice result. 3 for the price of 1. Pucker. :-)

Thanks, J

hey john if you looked in my sandviper was using hk3000 at dt-02 challenge now using the hk310 as they are tiny

• Like 1

hey john if you looked in my sandviper was using hk3000 at dt-02 challenge now using the hk310 as they are tiny

Cheers dude. I've vowed, though, never ever to use Hobby King again after a recent total utter farce. (unless I need LiPos) :huh:

• Like 1

@JWeston, What happened at hobbyking?, I have been using them for a while and not had any problems apart from a 3week delivery time.

had a few problems with the reporting faulty servo's as they are to keen to close case as i couldn't send video of it not work (dropped camera again doh )

Core RC now market a 3ch pistol grip type radio http://www.fusionhobbies.com/product/cr277-core-rc-code-3-channel-2-4ghz-fhss-steerwheel-radio with a neat little reciever http://www.fusionhobbies.com/product/cr278-core-rc-code-3-channel-2-4ghz-fhss-receiver which looks a bit like the Hobbyking model  http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__47569__HK3100_3ch_2_4ghz_FHSS_Micro_RX_suits_HK310_Turnigy_3XS_TX_UK_Warehouse_.html which appears to be back in stock in the UK warehouse.

Has anyone used the Core RC radio, or more to the point, would anyone know if the CR278 receiver is compatible with the Core RC Code CR151 handset?

I use the cheap Core rc pistol grip, which comes with the 278 receiver.  I am thinking of getting the CR151 transmitter, and I have been informed by schumacher that the 278 don't work with the 151

• Like 1

Nice. I've got the code core CR151 transmitter and was looking for some more receivers. Just checked my current code receiver and it says FHSS and the micro one says RHSS. Is there any difference? That micro one you listed is compatible with my transmitter it says, just wondering what RHSS means? 

Think they've bumped up the price of these too. I was looking at a code receiver from here just before christmas and I'm sure it was £10.99 for the mini one. It's  £15.99 now.

This is the one I currently have but need more.

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/core-rc-code-2.4ghz-fhss-mini-receiver-for-cr151/rc-car-products/38219

It seems that the Core RC Code radio gear and the Hobby King Rx have been discontinued.  I hope there are new and compatible models in the pipeline.

The Core RC Code shared it's guts with the Etronix and the Tamco models.  As a result they could all use the same receivers.  There was also two micro receivers available,  by Hobby King and Core RC.  Both have been discontinued, it would seem.  The Core RC one had a particularly short shelf life.  I am hoping that Core RC are about to release a newer version that is still compatible.  I still have slots to fill on my Transmitter.

That's annoying.

I've got half a dozen or so Core RC micro receivers in cars, and still more cars that need them.

Looks like my next purchase will be a new Futaba radio if I can't get the Core receivers anymore.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Peter_B said:

That's annoying.

I've got half a dozen or so Core RC micro receivers in cars, and still more cars that need them.

More annoying is that I was going to get a couple more micro recievers before Christmas, but thought I wait until after the new year and the creditcard bill cleared 😕

1 hour ago, Wooders28 said:

More annoying is that I was going to get a couple more micro recievers before Christmas, but thought I wait until after the new year and the creditcard bill cleared 😕

I don't know which way to go now.

I was going to go Futaba and get some OrangeRX GR400S receivers. But Hobbyking is out of stock of those, no option to backorder even. So not sure of supply of those now or going forward. Cheapest Futaba receiver seems to be about £35.

Spektrum is another option. But in the EU support has been removed for the DSM2 protocol, so cheap receivers are ruled out unless I find a used TX with the right firmware installed. Then there's the issue of what happens going forward - if the TX broke for example. Cheapest Spektrum receivers also seem to be about £35.

Hitec have a system and the receivers for that look to be between £20 and £25, which isn't too bad. But they don't seem as readily available over here. I've only found a couple of places that stock them. So that would be a concern. Not sure about any 3rd party receiver options - have asked a question about that in another thread.

I want a TX with plenty of model memories and receivers that are reasonably cheap (the Holy Grail I guess). I don't want to be adding £35 to the cost of a new model nor do I want to be in a similar position to now - not being able to get a new RX at all.

The Grail u speak of comes in 2 grades...

THE ROLLEDGOLD CUP would be anything FlySky, they've got a few computerised higher end units with multi memories etc. Great value for something brandnew with rechargeable battery etc etc & their RXes dirt cheap. However they might feel plasticky in hand & reliability might not be top notch but they usually work ok if you're not a serious racer.

THE SOLIDGOLD CHALICE is a you mentioned, anything latemodel DSM2 is fantastic. Hoover up any DX3S/DS3R/DS3C etc you find locally in good nick and they're solid reliable units, most going reasonably cheap (although dearer than a new flysky). Used often comes with RXes & the various compatible RXes are around. Buy a spare or three if the chance allows; I see nothing in the later/current series that interests my needs... least of all incapacity to use old RXes already in my RCs (both DSM & DSM2). They work great, why retire them!?

I'm heavily invested in Spektrum from the early days and if this (making their new gear non backward compatible) is how they treat loyal customers, then I'm not interested in giving HQ any more $$ to buy new TXes if I can help it.

Plenty of aftermarket fixes for various weakspots but mine are holding up fine. Also lots of aftermarket hopup doodads, I like those :) 

• Like 1

...Or you could import a Spektrum TX from a non-EU source. Most support DSM2 in their natural form - it has just been turned off by the EU-spec firmware.