JWeston

Cheaper Receiver for the Core-RC Code Multi-Model

Still waiting for mine from Fusion Hobbies. I’ve not had an dispatch notices, but they might not send those. 

18 minutes ago, Losi XXT-CR said:

Still waiting for mine from Fusion Hobbies. I’ve not had an dispatch notices, but they might not send those. 

I didn't get any dispatch notice either

• Thanks 1

Sadly no joy from Fusion Hobbies. So I emailed them last night. Today they refunded me. They didn’t have the receivers and couldn’t get anymore according to their email they sent me. 

They did send me a link to Model Hobby saying they had a Tamco one in stock. Which I have ordered. But sadly seems they only have one as it wouldn’t let me order 2. Cost nearly £22 with postage!!!

Have to wait and see if this one turns up. 

I got a couple more tamco ones from a model boat shop in Cornwall

It's a competition ;) I found 2 more from a shop in Lincoln (website said 1 left but when I rang up they had 2) 

and hopefully I have 1 more coming from Model Hobby which should leave me with enough for the 3 transmitters I have.

Have to say it’s a real shame as the Tx does all I wanted. 

But I have bought a FlySky Tx for £30 including RX. I’ll keep the Core RC but will be switching over to the new system. 

2 hours ago, Losi XXT-CR said:

Have to say it’s a real shame as the Tx does all I wanted. 

But I have bought a FlySky Tx for £30 including RX. I’ll keep the Core RC but will be switching over to the new system. 

Which one did you get?

2 hours ago, Pumesta said:

Which one did you get?

FS-i6

It’s actually quite nice. I’m used to multi channel transmitters like this as I fly RC planes too. 

I’m waiting on a part from China to convert the left stick to self centre. As most aero Tx’s have a progressive throttle. 

89D08118-F1E3-4BF3-962E-5A39E58ABD24.jpg

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Losi XXT-CR said:

FS-i6

It’s actually quite nice. I’m used to multi channel transmitters like this as I fly RC planes too. 

Mum waiting on a part from China to convert the left stick to self centre. As most aero Tx’s have a progressive throttle. 

89D08118-F1E3-4BF3-962E-5A39E58ABD24.jpg

I think most stick radios now are designed for planes and they all seem to have the non centring left stick.  I have never got on with the receivers with the wheel.  In saying that I was going to get an FTX mini outback that comes with one......that was before I blew all most of this months RC money on receivers lol

Do "all" the FlySky TXes stick & pistol bind with all the common FlySky RXes eg GR3E?

None of that sky vs surface delineation rubbish like Spektrum does? 

The FS-i6 looks interesting. I am contemplating doing a 3-speed build in the future and wondering what radio to use. I had seen this before and wondered if it would be suitable:

Channel 1 steering - Right Stick

Channel 2 Throttle - Left Stick

Channel 3 Gearbox - 3 position switch

Channel 4 Difflocks - 2 position switch https://shop.der-getriebedoktor.de/aid-8958-Tamiya-Highlift-axle-with-cable-locks.html#content 

Channel 5 Rear Steering - mix with Channel 2 and 2 position switch and a Basten's quad steer module ***

Channel 6 Lights - 2 position switch.

*** I already have a CR-01 with a Tamco 3 channel working with well with the Basten's module http://www.bastens.com/bastens-quadsteer.html basically flicking the 3rd channel 2 position switch cycles through Front steer, rear steer, quad steer and crab steer.

Losi - do you know if the 3x 2-position switch's and the 1x 3-position switch on the FS-i6 can be used as above or am I barking up the wrong tree?

8 hours ago, Losi XXT-CR said:

Pretty sure it should be able to do all of that. 

Great thanks for that. I was thinking about A Sanwa thing that had the covers for the sticks but there is no info on the surface on Sanwas own site:

http://www.sanwa-denshi.com/rc/sky/propo/aquila-6.html

but it is much more expensive. Now I guess it is a choice between the BG or the HK version !

There is a seller on ebay has some Tamco receivers, but something smells fishy to me

I've just realised that the Core receiver I ordered from eBay has never arrived! Looks like I'm going to have to make a claim for it!

Theres a core and a tamco rx on ebay atm, both with a tenner started bid.

When this hobby sucked me back in almost 5 years ago, I decided I ought to embrace the future and bought a CORE 2.4GHz set.  I've got 4 cars running off that now, but 7 old ones still happily running 27MHz.  Got two new builds to start soon, and no spare receivers.  Very tempted to go 27MHz for those too now, bearing in mind how little running I do. :(

14 hours ago, Pumesta said:

There is a seller on ebay has some Tamco receivers, but something smells fishy to me

Lots of negative feedback in the last month.  "Item didn't arrive".  "Worst Ebay seller ever".  "Awful customer service". etc.  Hmm.

5a81ecef9d6f1_WP_20180212_19_21_13_Pro(Medium).thumb.jpg.ed1837973af2ed46ff439d319b72c6d3.jpg

Thais me more or less covered for the next year or so :P:D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Sorry to bump up an old thread but looking for some help. I've had the Code RC core sport non LCD for few years (CR153) and run 2 of the receivers. 

I've looked around and am i right in thinking it's no longer possible to source the receivers?.. alternatively does anyone know if the new Code RC Core CR277 receiver will work with my CR153??

I don't really want to be buying a full new system and I've never been a fan of the 'gun/wheel' type transmitters.

This is the one I have:

CR153-L.jpg

Certainly the 3 channel model are few and far between, but that said I have managed to by another Tamco TAC330 TX with RX today from Sussex Model center - had there last one - I rang them up when I saw it on their website and low and behold the chap on the line went of to check and - yes they had 1 left - now the website says not available so hopefully I should have it soon. I am also waiting on an empty shell and a couple of receivers from another source - The aerial molding on the transmitter has been broken too many times by my son and no amount of araldite will fix it - so hopefully I will have a new case soon. 

• Like 1

Anyone know if the Code core CR151 receivers are still available? I normally get them from modelsport, checked ebay too but no luck. Reason I bought it was it's ability to run multiple models from one transmitter with multiple receivers, up to 15 models. I only bought 2 so that didn't work out if they aren't available anymore. :wacko::rolleyes:

*Edit well just read this thread from the start. Looks like I'm out of luck and they were discontinued earlier in the year (been away for a while). Oh well it looks like I'm looking for a new transmitter with lots of presets and cheap receivers like a lot of us.

Edited by Terz1
found new info

On 10/15/2018 at 11:00 PM, Terz1 said:

Anyone know if the Code core CR151 receivers are still available?

All you can do is keep an eye on eBay,  and social media etc.

I've ended up buying a full system,as it came with a few receivers, but it does mean ive a spare radio 😀

• Thanks 1

I think if the receivers aren't available the flysky ones seem to be the go to budget option. T6 looks like a good deal. Seen it for under £50 with a receiver. The receivers are about £5-£6 which is nice too. Think it might need a spring return on the sticks though. I much prefer stick to wheel.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Flysky-Precision-Transmitter-Multirotor-Quadcopter/dp/B01MS602NN

flysky.thumb.jpg.666081ecf200c9d5608293003e84a784.jpg

I have just bought a Flysky T4B badged as a Hobbyking T4aV2 for a friend as it was cheap. The internals come with enough levers and springs to set the 2 channels as you would a car. (spring loaded centering). I just used a couple of self taping screws to lock the sticks from moving on the axis I didn't need. I assume you could do the same with this radio.

• Like 1