Hi All,

1st off ... Thanks for the help with sorting the steering servo problem out for me (see other thread).

Secondly, Here are a couple of photo's of my New (Secondhand) Toy, the midnight Pumpkin.

MidnightPumpkin1_zps993bede4.jpg

MidnightPumpkin2_zpsbdc0a3a3.jpg

MidnightPumpkin4_zps9e197f50.jpg

I was in the middle of sorting out the steering servo when these photo's were taken, so thats why the front wheels are pointing inwards. I'm going to be changing the shocks over soon and getting some body mounts ... I only have the 2 rear ones on it at the moment because I got it with them missing, along with 1 front spring and bottom mount for the corresponding front shock. I have used a spring and mount from a Tamyia Street Fighter (I think that's what it's called) Nitro RC Car, just to get it up and running.

I'm going to be painting it soon ... any suggestions on colour schemes?

I've got my 'air brush' out and now I've just need to decide on what colour/s to use.

Also I'm hoping to fit some LED lights into it soon as well ... Maybe even some 'Neon' type lights underneath as well.

If all goes well with this build, I'm looking into getting some shells and building my own chassis for them.

I would love to get a 'Ford 150 Ranger' shell ... I had the original one in the 1980's and my Dad gave it away when I moved out and I've wanted one ever since ... the chassis on that was knackered, so I made my own up and it worked great ... I just wish I had taken some photo's of it.

Cheers,

Aaron.

I also had to use a 'Drinking Straw' to feed the Receiver Ariel through as the proper one was missing.

It does the job OK though, especially as it is only to be a temporary fix.

I'm going to be painting it soon ... any suggestions on colour schemes?

You would be an absolute hero if you had a go at the pink n' white alternative scheme Tamiya suggested on the original Pumpkin box. I have never seen this scheme even attempted let alone pulled off!

c9832c2b56208231cbd8c6ecb60c_zpsd303c2d4.jpeg

Seriously though the Pumpkin has one of those body shapes that looks good in any colour. If you're intedning to use the blue flame stickers then go for something bright like yellow or orange, or even lime green.

• Like 1

My 8 year old Daughter has just told me that I have to do the Pink & White version.

Where can I get the decals for that colour scheme from?

Has anyone got a picture/photo of the bonnet decal/s, for the pink version?

Cheers,

Aaron.

Ha ha, oops sorry 'bout that!

The decals come with the original 80's Pumpkin sticker sheet. They were left off the re-release sticker sheet.

As for the bonnet.... well I've never seen a pic. My guess would be that the stripes from each side meet in a chevron pattern. But that's only a guess.

Original sticker sheet part number: 9495089

I think its just diagonal candy pole stripes but you could go for a chevron pattern , I have never ever seen one with that paint job so it would be pretty unique , there are decals on the bay of E at the moment with 3 days left , you gotta do it , :D

I think its just diagonal candy pole stripes but you could go for a chevron pattern , I have never ever seen one with that paint job so it would be pretty unique , there are decals on the bay of E at the moment with 3 days left , you gotta do it , :D

Have you got a link or an item number?

I've decided that it's got to be done.

I will post up the progress as it comes along.

I will be doing the Pink & White paint job, as soon as I get some of the parts that I need to find to get it up and usable properly (When I bought it there was 1 front spring missing, so I have used an odd spring that I found lying around the house, but It's a different length and softer as well, Also I have had to 'make up' my own front shock bottom mount as that was missing when I bought it as well), so when I find these parts (along with the 2 front body mounts, as at the moment, I've had to use an elastic band hooked over the 2 screws for the front body mounts and through the 2 holes for them then across the bonnet/hood to hold it down).

I have found a shop locally, that sells the Tamiya Pink (and the white) Paint that I will need to do the paint job, so that's 1 of the hurdles out of the way. The other hurdle is to find a set of stickers/transfers at the 'Right Price'.

As soon as I can get the parts I need and the Paint, Stickers/Transfers e.t.c. I will post some photo's up of the paint job being done & obviously the 'End Result'.

Aaron.

The kit supplied pogo stick front spring/shock should be an easy part to get hold of. Most guys that have built or hopped up a LB/MP toss these away as 'not a useful part' and replace the pogo sticks with oil dampers (either the hopup ones specified in the manual or their modern replacement - short CVA II set #50520). I have a full set of these pogo-sticks unused as I built the kit straight up with real dampers. I'm in Australia though.

The Pumpkin, being a hard polystyrene body, requires TS Tamiya spray paint and not PS Tamiya spray paint. PS paints are for lexan bodies.