djmcnz

RC Bargains - Discount Sites & Promotions

+1 on that. Modelzone if you're reading this I recon the Sand Rover, Street Rover and VW Samber could all do with a crazy discount boost in sales :) Oh and if you're feeling particularly generous then the re-re Scorcher and Rough Rider would fly off the shelves at £40 a pop :D

Hi all,

I just found this site: http://sakaguchinetshop.com/ which seems to have a fair Tamiya stock (including TRF) for those of us in EU/UK. It's a German site with English navigation options.

What particularly triggered my thought to post here was their small 'used' page: http://sakaguchinets...x.php?cPath=116 - there's only 4 items but if it's what you're looking for they're great deals.

Edit: great for non-EU/UK customers too because I just saw they REMOVE the sales tax (19%) for non-EU/UK! May make a difference for some.

• Like 2

Might as well keep all the bargains in one place;

Wickes are doing the Stanley toolbox/organiser for £20 until they're all gone (currently £27 @ Amazon);

41VnBKbZRwL.jpgstanley-1-97-514-stanley-197514-24-inch-toolbox-with-tote-tray-organiser.jpg

Just bagged the last one of these from my local Wickes. Looks to be ideal for all the RC stuff. Cheers for the heads up :)

It's not a huge savings like those posted here, but a tip for those that buy at www.hobbyking.com.

Find an item you like and click on it, after a few minutes it will be offered to you in a pop up window at a slight discount ! (Usually only a few dollars off but still worth it) !

I usually just walk away from the computer or open another window until the message pops up. Today I saved $3.50 off a lipo doing this :).

Another tip for Hobbyking, in the bottom left hand corner of the page there is a drop down box to change the currency to £GBP or $US or €Euro etc...

Not really my thing but thought I'd let you guys know that a couple of HPI models have been heavily discounted this week at Modelsport and Apex (and probably elsewhere too) in the UK.

The Apache for example.

J

Speaking of Modelzone, my brother was in Central London yesterday and discovered the Holburn MZ store has gone. Seems they're refurbishing that whole area and MZ won't be coming back. Signs in the window also hinted that they had a big sale of stock before closing down that we missed :(

It's a shame as that was one of the last big model and RC shops I know of with a few fond memories. I bought my WW2 in there and has to wrestle it home on the tube through rush hour :)

Speaking of Modelzone, my brother was in Central London yesterday and discovered the Holburn MZ store has gone. Seems they're refurbishing that whole area and MZ won't be coming back. Signs in the window also hinted that they had a big sale of stock before closing down that we missed :(

It's a shame as that was one of the last big model and RC shops I know of with a few fond memories. I bought my WW2 in there and has to wrestle it home on the tube through rush hour :)

I have incredibly fond memories of Beatties in High Holborn :)

Aldi are selling a little hobby case this Sunday for a bargain £2.99! Not for everyone but some may find it handy.

http://www.aldi.co.u...013-05-03-11-03

If the lower compartment is big enough it would make an ideal transmitter hard-case.

If the lower compartment is big enough it would make an ideal transmitter hard-case.

Exactly what I was thinking.

Exactly what I was thinking.

I didn't think I needed one but now you've both said that I'm at least going to go and scope them out on Sunday now!

Thanks for the heads up Wolfdog, my little lads cheapy car died this weekend so I just popped down to my local shop for one! Bargain and comes complete with full bearings and an esc!

Full bearings?, mine only had enough for the gearbox. and they were "bonus items"

Still a bargain though anyway.

Modelzone has gone into administration !

Anyone know if they are selling off their stock ??/