djmcnz

RC Bargains - Discount Sites & Promotions

My local place havent got any :( Really want a MP for my sons 6th bday too :(

If anyones local store has one and wants to collect one for me I'll send the money over and get a courier to collect

Lee

....even the staff said they'd thought head office had gone crazy!

I heard a similar story from my branch. Basically they had to check with Head Office to confirm the price as it seemed unbelievable.

They told me that they do aggressive discounts like this from time to time on all kinds of stuff. Apparently an expensive Airfix kit got similar treatment not so long ago and they had people from all over the country visiting the branch to pick one up!

I will be keeping close tabs on them from now on. :P

Thanks to this thread my (Ahem) 5 year old daughter is now the proud owner of a XB Blackfoot III 2.4 Ghz Combo deal for the grand total of........ £85!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NEW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Came with a Battery & Charger too !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WAS ................... £280................... :blink: ................ :lol: ...................... :P

and to think I bought a euro lotto ticket last night lol ......... no need!

I think I am still in shock.

This all happened at about 10am this morning (saturday) after I rang at 9am because of reading this thread at 8am .... A huge THANK YOU to you all for keeping this thread active hehe.

Just for your info this was at the Reading store, where they had just run out of the black MP although still had Chrome MP's for £69 I believe (a fair few), x2 Violet Racer's at £40 and a few holiday buggies at £49 when I left.

While I was chatting to the chap at the desk about why/what/how etc... he enlightened me to the fact that a few staff from a nearby hobby shop had come in on friday to buy up most of the kits up as they were just going to re-sell them on even though they had just taken a delivery of the same stock at full price! So forget us and all the other ebay sellers, even the other LHS are at it !

Can't say I have ever had such a surreal and pleasant shopping experience in my life, especially first thing on a saturday morning in a naff town centre shopping centre on a snowy dreary day after only 4 hours sleep!

Another nice chap I was talking to in there had come in for a black MP and was astounded at the prices of the other kits and promtly left with a HB & the violet racer too!

......... Honestly £85 down from £280 ..... I will never have a deal like this again....NEVER !

Thanks again TC peeps for the heads up, big waspect!

• Like 2

The Blackfoot was an outrageous steal, it has to be said! If I didn't already have one I would have been all over that too.

What I want to know is....did Twinny buy any of them for himself? :lol:

What I want to know is....did Twinny buy any of them for himself? :lol:

No, I managed to resist :)

No, I managed to resist :)

Admirable willpower. :)

You said at the beginning that it was actually "old news" on the web. Where did you hear about it first?

You said at the beginning that it was actually "old news" on the web. Where did you hear about it first?

I caught it on Modelsport on Friday, just before posting here - it was posted there on Thursday evening - Compare the threads, then all pat yourselves on the back :lol:

http://www.msuk-foru...n-at-modelzone/

• Like 1

Completely different atmosphere and group of people on here I feel. I won't bring up the debate on this thread but I think it's a pretty lame thing to do. Just ruins the experience for many other people.

I found one in the end, collecting from the store Monday, they had a few MP's

I caught it on Modelsport on Friday, just before posting here - it was posted there on Thursday evening - Compare the threads, then all pat yourselves on the back :lol:

http://www.msuk-foru...n-at-modelzone/

A good read that.

I have to say I take the side of the posters who were dismayed at the guy who was instantly trying to sell them in bulk to his fellow enthusiasts on the forum at a vastly inflated price. To be honest I too was a bit uncomfortable at the idea of people getting in there early and buying up swathes of kits to make a killing. Now, I am no different to anyone else and enjoy wheeling and dealing on ebay, and have nothing against people having entreprenurial spirit, but I think in this case it was very wrong to hog all of the kits before many of the rest of the community had cottoned on to it. By all means buy a couple of kits and maybe sell one of them on to make yourself some free cash but give everyone else the chance to enjoy the bonanza too.

I'm surprised that MZ did not limit the amount of kits per person, to be honest. It's not as if they are unaware of what goes on in cyberspace either, as the guy at my store specifically told me yesterday that these aggressive discounts are done precisely to "get the forums buzzing" (his actual words to me).

If MZ had a zillion of these to let go for the £40 it wouldn't have really been an issue, but it's obvious that there would be limited stock and that they would sell out quickly. As was pointed out, as well as fellow enthusiasts missing out on the giveaway, there were also dads who missed a cheap opportunity to get their kids into the hobby and that's a real shame IMO.

• Like 2

Yup, I am a said Dad and was involved in that thread! Luckily found a store with a few left and secured 1. Totally agree 100% to the above post mate

Yep,

What a difference a forum makes!

As I said before I extend my gratitude to all posters here, especially twinset for alerting us all in the first place. I guess I could of grabbed some extra kits for profit making today, but all I was thinking about was getting a bargain as I was in the market for a big wheeled starter model for my youngest in time, just as I did for her elder sibling a few years back. Today we are all charged up and ready for a family bash tomorrow, really looking forward to it even though in the back of my mind it could be an early finish with a few sore ankles and a couple of broken parts lol!!!

Reading regularly on this forum(not always posting) you imagine all forums to be the same, kind spirited, well mannered and essentially what I thought they were all about, gaining knowledge/info.... clearly they are all not!

Very interesting to note that it took until page 8 of that thread for anyone to actually start to help another in getting ahold of a bargain. It was people constantly updating this thread that enabled me to have a really "proper dad day" today ( I was just by chance browsing for an interesting thread a bit bleary eyed before breaky) and come home with a brilliant treat for my youngest without breaking the bank. For that again I thank you all...... That in my opinion is the spirit of all hobbies, hey.... JOY! Isn't that what it is all about, sharing the joy..... ?

Well done TC.....

I've joined quite a few Internet forums over the years and you would not believe how quickly they dissolve into miserable old man *****ing sessions where a few regulars turn it into their own personal kingdom.

TC has consistently been the most welcoming, friendly and helpful forum Ive ever encountered, right from the first day I joined and it keeps me coming back day after day (well hour after hour really :) )

Big thanks for the heads up as now my kids and my brothers with be big wheeling with us this summer :D

I caught it on Modelsport on Friday, just before posting here - it was posted there on Thursday evening - Compare the threads, then all pat yourselves on the back

Clue's in the name; this is Tamiya CLUB.

CLUB implies co-operation, SPORT implies competition ;)

• Like 1

Modelzone also has a Thunder Tiger Phoenix 2wd buggy for £70 inc 2.4 radio / esc & sport motor

1 XB Blackfoot III left at Nottingham Modelzone in the Broadmarsh. At least, there was earlier.

If anyone wants a MP let me know as I'm going tomorrow to collect mine so will see if there is any left

Just had another modelzone sale email - still listing the Tamiya items (out of stock online) and now a load of \Thunder Tiger stuff is on sale - nothing too special to my eyes, but there is a 2wd buggy with 3 channel 2.4GHz radio for £70 if anyone was looking for something reasonably cheap - no huge discounts though.

Well the wife picked me up the Super Fighter Violet from the Derby MZ yesterday. No black Pumpkins left (sob) only Metallic.

They did have a couple of BFIII left though.....

Crazy prices indeed!

Regards

KingPin

LeeMutz where did you find a pumpkin left? i tried mz in bristol today and they are sold out