Sign in to follow this  
volksrod68

TXT re-release! Well, kinda...

That's been doing the rounds for about two years now. Talk on RCC seems to have opinions pointing to Tamiya selling or leasing the molds like they did with the Grasshopper when they were done with it.

So far no-one on forums has been game to gamble with it, that I am aware of anyway...

Not sure those 320A ESCs will cope witha TXT for long - OK in a buugy, but in a monster truck ?

It was new to me anyway :-)

I would be tempted if it was a bit cheaper.

Sorry, didn't mean to sound like an ******* ;)

Sorry, didn't mean to sound like an ******* ;)

Not a problem.

Still hate you for living in a warmer country though :-)

I have one of those ropey escs in a wild dagger on 8.4 volts and it's fine lol a real bargain for 8 quid. Not fancy but works fine

I have one of those ropey escs in a wild dagger on 8.4 volts and it's fine lol a real bargain for 8 quid. Not fancy but works fine

I have 4 of them, they are not ropey for what they cost and the models i've run them in, but i wouldn't personally put one in a monster truck.

Not a problem.

Still hate you for living in a warmer country though :-)

Swapsies? My scandinavian blood can not take this heat... You're residing on continental Europe now, aren't you?

Oh, ok.. I thought you'd moved to Germany? Must of been one of the other old guard. Still, UK countryside would make a nice change, and it's closer to my beloved Norway :wub:

TXT-2 is totally rubbish!

The only good thing in this hideous operation is the availability again of the TXT spare parts.

In my opinion plastic chassis is a no value item, can't consider wheels, tires and body.

The only thing to do with this car is trow away body, wheels and tires and change them to Clod or similar. A monster truck is a monster truck.

The chassis should be replaced also with a serious tuber one imho. A F350 body should be a goal on this car.

Someone please knows if the mechanic of the transmission is the same on the TXT-1?

Max

With all those quality control issues of the clone TXT-1, it just strengthens my trust in Tamiya's parts quality. From what I've seen on the review, there's a lot to do and some money to spend to make the clone competititive to the original TXT-1.

@Kontemax: I guess you've accidently dropped your last post into the wrong thread? :) As I've seen the same post in the Nuremberg fair thread.

• Like 1

Oh yes, you are right! I made a mess with multiple windows on my browser, ahahahah!!!

;)

Max

With all those quality control issues of the clone TXT-1, it just strengthens my trust in Tamiya's parts quality. From what I've seen on the review, there's a lot to do and some money to spend to make the clone competititive to the original TXT-1.

@Kontemax: I guess you've accidently dropped your last post into the wrong thread? :) As I've seen the same post in the Nuremberg fair thread.

</p>