Sign in to follow this  
OldSchoolRunner

Take a video tour of Tamiya's booth at the 2013 Nuremberg Fair!

Here is a tour of Tamiya booth at this years Numerberg Fair 2013 for those of us that couldn't make it. Unless the person that created the video left out a couple displays it looks like the re-re's might have taken a back seat this year. Oh well there is always next year.

OSR

http://www.youtube.com/embed/aebuDel86_o

• Like 2

The Group 2 Golf looks superb. I reckon this one is going to be a smash hit.

• Like 1

Was that an Astute I saw at the end of the video.

And a Dynastorm and Terra Conqueror. Sadly all mini 4wds.

Ugg.... the Farm King has odd wheel patterns, TLT round holes at the front and Twin Det twisties at the back.

Ugg.... the Farm King has odd wheel patterns, TLT round holes at the front and Twin Det twisties at the back.

What were they think? IMO that is the stupidiest Tamiya RC that I have ever seen.

OSR

• Like 2

Pessimism finally pays off;

They are TLT style front wheels, the tyres' inner sidewall is thinner than the outer.

The 2WD hex conversion's not that hard to implement, most of the modern 2WD 'touring' cars have undriven wheels running hexes

Be interesting to see if the front and rear wheel patterns match though - the TLT has round holes whereas the Twin Det (et al) wheel has offset spokes

• Like 1

I was trying to find that post of yours, to quote and confirm.

That is just plain cheap and lazy.

There is an astute & a top force IN mini's .

Look at the pic on tamiyablog.com .

It has 6 cars 3 on top & if you look under to the next shelf

On the left you will see the Astute under the Top Force .

So YES IT IS , But it is MINI'S ....

What were they think? IMO that is the stupidiest Tamiya RC that I have ever seen.

OSR

:lol: Yeah, cos a Jeep (or a VW Bus for that matter) that pulls wheelies is much less stupid

It's a bit of fun and adds variety to the WW line-up

The only thing I don't like is having Brokeback driving instead of Willy

Perhaps they were trying to avoid any 'Ploughed by Willy' references :blink:

• Like 3

And "ploughed by Brokeback" is better in some way? -_- Brokeback riding a big green plastic willy... Nothing wrong with that at all...

OSR

+1

:lol: Yeah, cos a Jeep (or a VW Bus for that matter) that pulls wheelies is much less stupid

Yeah ok, you have a point! :P

I like the Farm King, and see some fun possibilities with it! I don't care about the wheel differences...

Not that I need or want one, but the entry level Nitro is interesting... somewhere between an TG10 mk.1 and mk.2?

Is nitro making a comeback?

I saw that Golf body and I thought, why oh why put a FWD car on a RWD chassis Tamiya?!?!

But then I looked it up and tons of Golf race cars were converted to RWD. Excellent body choice Tamiya!!

Thanks for posting this video.

I saw that Golf body and I thought, why oh why put a FWD car on a RWD chassis Tamiya?!?!

But then I looked it up and tons of Golf race cars were converted to RWD. Excellent body choice Tamiya!!

Thanks for posting this video.

Tamiya have put the golf on an M-05 chassis which is FWD , or did I miss something? :blink:

btw did you guys notice that the farm king has a different chassis then the 'classic' Willy's its called WR-02G

it has 12mm hexes up front