AndyjcClod

How to clean transfers, stickers, decals residue from RC bodies

Hi All

I have had issues recently removing transfers\decal residue from some body's.

I tried everything from Olive oil to white spirit.

From this I have found what worked best for me so thought I would share it with you all..

Believe it or not the best by far which did no damage to the Bodies or existing paint on both Polycarbonate and Solid bodies was Nail Varnish remover which I got a bottle from a 99p shop!

All I did was apply the nail vanish remover to a piece of kitchen roll and gently run the decal residue area and then wash with water under the cold tap, the decal residue came off with no marks and left me with a perfect finish body and paint job.

This is what my F350 looked like before (Sorry for low quality in this pic but its to show just how many decals were on it!)..

stihx.jpg

If you want to see the results of a car that was covered in Stickers to what it is now please see this link..

http://www.tamiyaclu...topic=68959&hl=

Hope this post helps someone as it took me ages to find something that worked with no hassles!

if your worried about damaging body Mrsheen does a great job spray it on and leave for a few mins then rub off and bonus get nice shine body

You can use Eucaylyptus oil to disolve the sticky residue, very mild. I wouldn't dare put nail polish Acetone or non Acetone based remover anywhere near styrene or polycarbonate, it can weaken and damage the material even if it's not immediately visible. I've seen it do something which I can only describe as looking like it was delaminating the polycarb, I don't actually know if that is possible...

Just to confirm as its been a month now since I cleaned the stickers off two of my R/C bodies.. I am still using nail vanish remover and have had no issues on both solid and polycarbonate bodies (I just make sure that after I wash the body really well under the tap)

Man I've been using a 4" grinder this whole time. :D

Great info y'all, thanks for posting this up!