Ouch, i just got home to find a card telling me i have £15 to pay in charges, pretty sure its for a used, but MINT Novak Atom speedo.......bummer......and to cap it all off, the closed at 12.30 so i cant even numb the pain with my goods lol.

Still no change for me:

Posted 29th, left HK on 31th, landed on the 1st and has been pending customs inspection ever since :(

My kit from Stella is still with customs from the 3rd Feb. The wait is agonising, if i'm gonna get hit i want to pay asap not wait days :angry: .

For what it's worth I doubt that the wait has any bearing on whether you will get hit with a charge, it could be that they simply have a large backlog to get through. At the end of the day if a package is under the limit it will get through unscathed.

Nah, there was some snow and the country closed.

Should be open again in April

• Like 1

April 2013 or 14 :o

Too early to commit - 8mm was reported in Oxford overnight, so we could be talking quite some time, probably, at the end of the day.

• Like 1

Received my last ever delivery from us today. Set of wheels from rc4wd which were £38 PLUS £11.78 duty/handling.

As you say twinset these charges might have been around for ever but that doesn't stop it being an outrage in my opinion. I make that about 27% which is ludicrous.

I'm a little confused as to how you can express outrage over known charges being imposed - That's kinda like being angry about Tuesday coming after Monday :lol:

I'm a little confused as to how you can express outrage over known charges being imposed - That's kinda like being angry about Tuesday coming after Monday :lol:

My experience suggests items from the USA are almost definitely going to be charged, unless the value is below the threshold. Items from HK you have a chance of slipping through the net - whether thats because less is inspected, or more volume comes in from HK, or whether HK sellers are happy to falsify true values.

• Like 1

hmm, seems that I am in the same boat with a delivery from stella.

As its awaiting customs clearance since 1/2/2013, and its the 6th today.

Cant realy complain though if I do get caught with fees, as I have had a few kits in the last year that got though with out fees

Update

Got my delivery today 11/2/2013

1 fast attack vehicle( shark mouth)

1 holiday buggy

1 gravel hound

No customs charges

:)

My experience suggests items from the USA are almost definitely going to be charged, unless the value is below the threshold. Items from HK you have a chance of slipping through the net - whether thats because less is inspected, or more volume comes in from HK, or whether HK sellers are happy to falsify true values.

All 3 of the above.It's a gamble-worth taking in my opinion. I'm only annoyed 'cos I can't get my hands on my stuff. Give me a bill or give me my stuff, just don't sit on your **** doing nothing.Rant over.

Oddly enough I have bought loads of spares from the USA over the years yet have never been hit by customs, and I know for a fact that some of them were over the threshold. Maybe it is just pot luck from over there too.

With all due respect I think you've missed the point twinset. It's perfectly reasonable to be annoyed or frustrated at something whilst still doing it.

I think the amount of car tax we pay is an outage given the state of our roads but I still buy it.

I think the amount of duty on fuel is an outrage but I still buy it.

I think the level of council tax is an outrage but I still pay for it.

I do all these cos I have to (i need a car for work and i own a house.

ok so I didn't have buy the wheel from rc4wd but I wanted them so I did and knew there was a risk I wou.d get hit. Still bloomin annoyed, nothing wrong with that.

I'm only annoyed 'cos I can't get my hands on my stuff. Give me a bill or give me my stuff, just don't sit on your **** doing nothing.Rant over.

My thoughts exactly, still waiting on mine from 3rd feb :(

I'm now officially pooing myself...

13-02-2013 06.02 International Hub Received from Customs - charges to be paid

13-02-2013 06.02 International Hub Forwarded for UK processing

08-02-2013 09.03 International Hub Awaiting Customs clearance

Don't sweat it, at least it means you'll get the stuff before the next ice age :blink:

I'd ring them, quote the numbers and pay over the phone-least you'll get to enjoy what your paying for!

Date Time Location Tracking Event

05-02-2013 09:25 International Hub Awaiting Customs clearance

05-02-2013 09:24 International Hub Awaiting Customs clearance

05-02-2013 09:06 International Hub Received and processed

03-02-2013 19:27 International Hub Awaiting Customs clearance

03-02-2013 19:26 International Hub

Received in destination country

I'm still waiting. :angry:

My Vajra is now despatched - with the lack of activity due to Chinese New Year mine will be in a big influx of Far East goods no doubt, i'm in no rush buit the volume in the queue might help my cause ;)

Looks like i'm gonna take a hit, but at least its on its way!

13-02-2013 02.27 International Hub Received from Customs - charges to be paid

I couldn't take it any longer so I rang them to see what's happening.

Very nice lady explained there was a customs backlog and "they are a law unto themselves"

Keep on waiting!! -_-