Oh, yes I realise your post was illustrative, I was just adding to that picture... :)

I wonder if the language hurdle is enough to turn many UK buyers away from Europe?

Bruiser links:

My favourite European online store: http://www.modellbau...miya&best=58519

Another good one for Tamiya in Europe: http://www.tamico.de...2-Bausatz-58519

I hate to see people pay more than they need to... :D

Dont see the language hurdle as a problem - just use a auto translate app ie google .

I wonder if the language hurdle is enough to turn many UK buyers away from Europe?

why should it - ebay sellers will ship across Europe and you know them as well as any body else on eBay. I even occassionally search on ebay.de and others. Google translate is more than capable for exchanging messages/questions.

I just got a TA05 one way differential for £9 delivered from Spain :D

Dont see the language hurdle as a problem - just use a auto translate app ie google .

why should it

I don't think it should be (I live in Amsterdam and don't speak Dutch) but I still "wonder" if it is a hurdle for some.

And I almost always double-check my ebay.com/uk purchases against ebay.de before buying.

There'll be an export sticker on the box with the selling price declared on it, so they'll tax you on that

If they tax you more than is applicable, you can get a refund easy enough, just make sure the sticker remains intact when you take the packaging off.

For £21.21 though, after £8 taken off for Parcel Force, it looks like you're only paying VAT on about £66 (£13 odd)

Result ;)

Well i got my scorcher on friday and the charges were £18.96. Stella had marked the parcel "toy car kit" with a value of $27! :wacko: . Glad the charges came to less than £20 and i finally got a scorcher :D .

Colin.

I got stung for £16.81 in the end, still saved about £40 in total on my order but had to wait over 3 weeks. Worth it? You decide....

I got stung for £16.81 in the end, still saved about £40 in total on my order but had to wait over 3 weeks. Worth it? You decide....

No charges on my vajra kit, left HK Thursday, arrived uk Friday and cleared customs today. Worth it, You Bet!

• Like 1

No charges only vajra kit, left HK Thursday, arrived uk Friday and cleared customs today. Worth it, You Bet!

4-Feb-2013

Pending customs inspection.

14-Feb-2013

In transit.

15-Feb-2013

Arrived the delivery office and is being processed.

15-Feb-2013

Tendered for delivery without success because of outstanding payment of charges. The item is being held and the addressee is being notified.

I got lulled in, looked ok for a while then. I hope yours makes it way to you without charges.

Are you guys that are getting stung using EMS or "regular" post? I'm interested in which gets snared more?

Result ;)

Looked at the invoice and realised that £7.71 is VAT and £13.50 is the charge made by parcelforce for the privelige of charging me. I don't mind the VAT but £13.50 is a bit cheeky?Still a very cheap Vajra + other bits.

Are you guys that are getting stung using EMS or "regular" post? I'm interested in which gets snared more?

I've not bought enough big items to be statistically valid, but ..

Bruiser - sent regular airmail parcel - declared value $26 - no charges

Vajra - sent regular air mail parcel - declared value $70(as I requested) - no charges

The Bruiser did spend a while at Heathrow in a backlog of mail, but i got it around 9 days door to door. Vajra arrived this morning - 6 days since posting.With these timings, and the fact that EMS parcels don't appear to get any priority when it comes to customs clearance I'm happy to save ca $25 shipping over EMS

Looked at the invoice and realised that £7.71 is VAT and £13.50 is the charge made by parcelforce for the privelige of charging me. I don't mind the VAT but £13.50 is a bit cheeky?

There's two levels of PF charge; £8 for standard shipments, £13.50 for parcels posted as 'express' - not sure if it makes much difference to the speed PF deal with them though :lol:

No charges on my vajra kit, left HK Thursday, arrived uk Friday and cleared customs today. Worth it, You Bet!

How much did the Vajra end up costing you in total then, in GBP?

He must have been reading my mind as I posted. :)

favourable exchange rate on credit card, no customs and lowest shipping option = £157.49 - thats UK Blitzer Beetle money !

• Like 1

Does the Vajra have the undertray to protect all that luvverly CF off-road?

No - suggest cover the lower plate with helicopter tape for stone protection

Had no problems with my latest overseas purchase, a Nissan R91CP. Five days from Hong Kong and it flew straight through the UK system without being hit by Her Majesty's Killjoys. Good old Stella come up trumps yet again. :D

wonder if you could use a schumacher cougar mid motor or similar underbody? might be worth a go

wonder if you could use a schumacher cougar mid motor or similar underbody? might be worth a go

I just pulled out my Cougar SV under tray and compared it to the Avante lower deck (because I couldn't be bothered getting the Egress out of the box) and I doubt it will fit, a lot of cutting would be required and much would remain exposed...

What about a repo Egress under tray?

• Like 1

There's two levels of PF charge; £8 for standard shipments, £13.50 for parcels posted as 'express' - not sure if it makes much difference to the speed PF deal with them though :lol:

If 8 days is express I'd hate to wait for the regular!!!

I'm working on a mould to vac form some clear lexan undertrays for this one-any interest?

I just pulled out my Cougar SV under tray and compared it to the Avante lower deck (because I couldn't be bothered getting the Egress out of the box) and I doubt it will fit, a lot of cutting would be required and much would remain exposed...

What about a repo Egress under tray?

I'm working on a mould to vac form some clear lexan undertrays for this one-any interest?

All are possibilities - i dare say the eggy undercowl will fit, after all its only attached by the front and rear most screws and whether the lower chassis plate is the wide Eggy one or the narrow Vajra one shouldn't matter. If I turn mine into an Eggy it will be with the correct chassis plates - i'm yet to test whether the upper vajra deck will even fit under the egress shell .

I see the Vajra price is back up to full whack with RC Mart. That didn't last long then. <_<