Sign in to follow this  
shenlonco

Painted up a Jimny body!

Got the new Jimny wheelie body for one of my wild willy chassis all i need now is the front body posts,,, I put the driver on the other side than how they show in the instructions..

I used pactra ice lime color and used the special black backing for it and it came out pretty nice looking.

Will get better photos once it's done.

IMG_1920_zpsb399cc5c.jpg

IMG_1921_zps3a51c65b.jpg

IMG_1922_zps630930d7.jpg

• Like 4

They do look good, don't they? Probably the best fitting of the new breed of Willys.

But, WTH is going on with that left hand rear tyre in the last shot? :lol: It doesn't look de-beaded, it looks weird.

They do look good, don't they? Probably the best fitting of the new breed of Willys.

But, WTH is going on with that left hand rear tyre in the last shot? :lol: It doesn't look de-beaded, it looks weird.

Hi thanks.

Nothing is wrong with the rear tire the camera fools you it's just the wheelie bar end making it look that way.

You put the driver on the wrong side. :P:D

I am from the U.K, we sit on the right side. B)

Just needs the white Hop Up chassis rails and white mis-matched wheels and you might have a future release Tamiya model. :P

I like it, but I think different colour wheels might make the brightness of the body colour stick out more.

You put the driver on the wrong side. :P:D

I am from the U.K, we sit on the right side. B)

Just needs the white Hop Up chassis rails and white mis-matched wheels and you might have a future release Tamiya model. :P

I like it, but I think different colour wheels might make the brightness of the body colour stick out more.

Actually i like the chrome wheels on this color.

and i did put the driver on the wrong side on purpouse as i am in the USA and that's how we drive so even willy shall abide by the DMV rules!! :P

When i get the front body posts I will take some nice outdoor photos and see what she looks like.

Looks great! I really like that body on that chassis. It has a good stance.

...but even though I'm in the US as well, I have to agree with the UK guys: a Jimny should be right-hand-drive. (This opinion may be somewhat clouded by the fact that the only place I have ever driven a 1:1 Jimny was in Barbados.)

Hi thanks.

Nothing is wrong with the rear tire the camera fools you it's just the wheelie bar end making it look that way.

Ah, I see now... lol :D

That looks great. Where did you get the body set from?

Hi thanks

tower hobbies has them.

yeah! lol :lol: . I like how your body sits a little lower than the Tamiya "factory" version. Do the tires have adequate clearance from the body with the suspension compressed?

yeah! lol :lol: . I like how your body sits a little lower than the Tamiya "factory" version. Do the tires have adequate clearance from the body with the suspension compressed?

Hi i did not have the correct front body posts in that photo... I now have them on and put the body in the stock ride hight tamiya says to put it in and it sits high it looks like maybe you can drop it one body post hole and still clear the wheels when compressing the suspension.