MarkeyG

Merseyside meets

Sand mate, although there is a big car park too but it gets pretty busy at the weekends.

Sorry to report that my Hornet is in bits now due to salt water ingress today at Talacre Beach. :blink:

The ESC doesn't work at the moment (fingers crossed) and the Lipo may be suspect. :o

I am not going to be able to make tomorrow lads as this is a major re-build. I have even split the gearbox open to make sure NO salt attacks the important gears and bearings....... :mellow:

Thanks for the invite anyway....and I will definately come along at the next get together :unsure:

No worries, catch you next time.

Rich, I'll try and get there closer to 12 so that you're not stood round on your Billy :lol:

Sorry lads, I can't make it today as my little boy has a fever so we're stuck indoors. He's gutted as he was looking forward to it too. Have a nice day anyway!

I made it there in the end today and met up with Rich (BiggusDitchus) and a few other non-TCers. I didn't take any pics unfortunately but hopefully Rich will be along soon with some as he took loads.

We deffo need to have regular North West meets!

If you guys get back to regular meets i wouldn't mind coming along to a few a year, ive attened a few at fort perch rock, wrexham and ainsdale.

We'll certainly do our best. We were chatting today about going to Delamere Forest sometime with some off roaders/scalers/rally cars etc...

Sorry I couldn't make today, but I would be up for a regular meet. Delamere Forest would be good !

We'll certainly do our best. We were chatting today about going to Delamere Forest sometime with some off roaders/scalers/rally cars etc...

Just down the road from me :)

Just down the road from me :)

Delamere is looking favourite then, I don't know it well enough to say where is best for us to go (I do know it's huge though). Do you know any good parts where we'll be out of the way of the general public?

That would be great if you could, try and take some pics too if possible.

Was an enjoyable day, shame that the tide was in LOL. Day ended badly for me when I was unloading the car some local scroat decided to help themselves to Erica's Losi Desert Truck and my Spectrum DX6i. :( I would be up for a meet again sometime, Delamere sounds great although may have to wait for a while as I now have no transmitter for my cars :(

Sorry to hear about that Rich, of all the things you had in your car they actually took the more expensive kit! Hope you get sorted soon.

I think we should plan Delamere for a few weeks time to give people plenty of notice, sort the venue properly, etc....

Would be nice to try and replicate what the East Midlands boys do at Clumber every month.

Looks like I wasn't alone in riding my bike around that area - the whole section is now officially given over to mountain bikes! Shame - it would have been perfect, what with all the ramps they've built.

I wandered around briefly but, because this is a great area for MTB riders, the surrounding hills have lots of active MTB routes on them, too.

On the way back to my car I did find a couple of spots that looked like they'd be good for crawlers and, when I was almost at the road, there was an open area spotted with trees that would make a decent buggy course.