kalsh

Falcon Thorp wheel axles(suggest an alternative)

I have a few sets of thorp universals and dogbones for the Falcon but no drive axles. Does anyone have any spare or suggest an alternative drive axle to fit even if it is a tamiya one? It would be nice to use these and I might even decide to let some sets go once they are complete.

I did some measuring and reserch following the Fox discussion going on around thorp and I believe that the original Boomerang rear wheel axles will work which is great as I wont have to find Thorp sized wheel nuts. I will let you know once they arrive and I install.

Are you looking for the inner cups that go into the gear box? You will need to be careful. You will need to make sure the round part of the dog bone fits into the cup. If it is too big then it obviously will not fit. If it is too small then you run the risk of wearing out the cup itself prematurely.

OSR

I had a well worn boomerang wheel axle and an original thorp one and they are almost identicle. They fit togeher nicely with little slop between them. I just want to check against new parts also as I have 3 sets of universals and dogbones which dont have wheel axles. I have a couple of complete sets also apart from a set of wheel nuts so am hoping someone will let me know what the size/pitch of a thorp wheel nut is so I can complete.

I'm more interested in the axles, not the universals. Fox and Falcon Thorpe Universals are the same part number #4585.

Hey guys and yes, much time has gone by....

Is there any solution to the axles?

Thank you very much and stay safe!

There’s a guy on eBay selling some for $75us. He’s in UK. 

His posting says 52.5mm from pin to pin. You might be able to find another one same length and use that???  Maybe the HPI 86036???

Good luck!

Terry

Thanks for the link...but I'm looking for the axles #4585 or an alternative to them...

Do the original Boomerang rear wheel axles fit?

• Like 1