Sign in to follow this  
wolfdogstinkus

Speed apps for intel phone

Does anyone know of a speed app that will log my max speed for an intel powered phone?

The phone is an Orange San diego.

I have tried a few things but cant get them to work with this phone, apparently this phone wont run many android apps. :(

It's my gf's phone so I don't mind strapping it to my car. :lol:

• Like 1

Try Endomondo - it's a fitness app but it records top speeds

Worked on my San Francisco ok

I use Strava for cycling but it does the same if you strap your phone to your RC car ! Shows distance, speed, etc. Great fun !

Thanks TWINSET, I did try but couldn't get it to save it to the phone, then my Mrs sussed what I was up to and snatched her phone back. :lol:

And Steveadair, cheers I will have a look.

I have Endomundo working now, cheers TWINSET, just need to sus out how to record top speed now.

Oh and fix the DT-02 and the blitzer, might try the top speed of the m chassis though, that should be a trouble free run.

I have average speed but cant find top speed yet.

Once you've done a 'workout' the top speed's recorded in the history;

endo1.jpg

You can also view it on their website if you upload it;

endo2.jpg

Ok, I been running and walking up and down my street like a mad case.

I tried running,

Duration

Avg.speed

calories

distance

avg pace

Then walking

and got the same results, do I have to select max speed somewhere?

Dunno, might be a feature of the paid version - I've got 'Pro' on my iPhone and standard one on N7, and top speed's missing from N7 version - have you uploaded the workouts yet? http://www.endomondo.com and register - you might see top speed there

Try MotionX-GPS if you can't get it to work

endo3.jpg

Just recorded 16.2kmh on the Mchassis with a half charged Ni-mh and a 19T brushed motor.

I don't like this car much, it still has 27mhz radio gear and kept having a mind of it's own.

Will try again with a lipo and edit this post to include the results.

Thanks for all the help people, can't wait to get the DT-02 up and running and try that.

was that with Nomad?

If you're thinking of going faster, don't forget to protect the phone :D

Yeah that was with nomad, I just swapped the radio gear to 2.4ghz and plugged a 2s lipo in.

I blame technical problems but I only clocked 6.4 mph or something, I have changed it to mph now.

The M chassis isn't my best for speed runs but it's that or the wr-02 at the moment until I fix the others. :D

The phone was placed in a freezer bag, then taped to the body, I did crash a few times on lipo but don't tell the mrs. :ph34r:

I will be adding a lot more protection to the phone when I try again.

I will try again tomorrow, not sure if the gps was sensitive enough to get an accurate reading, I know my sat nav sometimes struggles to get a signal on this street.

Just had the WR-02 out with 9T EZRUN motor and 2s soft pack lipo

Average speed 0.2 mph

Max speed 17mph

And with a 6cell Ni-mh pack it was much less

Average speed 0.1mph

Max speed 8.1mph

So with the 2s lipo it has more than doubled the top speed. Had to be very careful with wheelies though. :D

Thanks PaPeRo, that was on 2s,

I have managed to run it with 3s a few times now without flipping it so I might have to check the speed on that now. :D

That is with the smallest pinion as well, so could gear it up just for a speed run. :D

I turned the rear skidplate up-side-down so that stops the wheelies, and I haven't broken it or flipped it since.

Spoke to soon, but have been through a few 3s lipo packs without any breakages. :(

Shouldn't go out in the dark, did a cartwheel, with the gf's phone strapped on (don't tell her :P ) nothing broken.

Found this strange substance on the shock, my first thought was it's shock oil mixed with water,

IMG_0131_zps8758a177.jpg

So I opened the shock expecting to find more of the same inside,

IMG_0137_zps29cfbaa9.jpg

Some say that it might be horse DNA, all I know is that it's not shock oil :puke smiley:

Also here is my new wheelie bar which works remarkably well, it's just the skidplate flipped up-side down

IMG_0136_zpsd011938f.jpg

At this point, I must give my sincerest thanks and apologies to Percymon who supplied me with a gearcase,

I broke it again, can't find the pic just now, will upload in a minute.

Just typical that it;s the same side I broke last time, although this time the other side is cracked as well but not broken yet,

It must be time to retire the 3s

IMG_0132_zps333b9a64.jpg

Oh and the phone only registered around 30mph although I must have been going much faster than that.

DT-02

19T pinion gear

4600kv castle creations motor and SV2 ESC

2s hardcase battery

35.9mph

I thought it was much faster but not sure how accurate this speed app is. :unsure: