kontemax

My Blitzer Beetle thread as promised.

11 hours ago, jeekelemental said:

Probably it's why I'm a little numb but I can't understand the utility of a full screwed turnbuckle.:ph34r:

The Blitzer Beetle (and similar chassies) have a problem with the rear upper arms, they will always loose the screws.

Other than this there are several reasons to mount these turnbuckles:

- Strenght: they are stiffer than the flexible plastic upper arms.

- Precision: they reduces unwanted movements and flexions making the driving more precise.

- Reliability: these parts are more reliable than the poor original parts.

- Adjustability: with these parts you can fully set up the wheels geometry.

- Look: even the eye wants its part.

Max

Sorry, I didn't understand the question.

It's fully screwed because the plastic parts are too long and need to be cutted but the set up is perfect for my purposes so they will stay in this shape. If I'll need to shorten the upper arms will cut the plastic parts.

Max

Sorry Max your turnbuckles seem to be full screwed and look as there isn't travel for adjustments. In this case, in my opinion if your shorten ball ends you will expose thread without a real gain in adjustment range. But you built the car and you how you did the job.

Concerning strenght I have to say that I had the same idea but thinking better I realized that I prefer something softer that pushes on that t-case if a wheel smashes around.

Before to buy the turnbuckles I calculated their lenght and I taken them in the measure I needed. The threaded part of the turnbuckles is shorter than the plastic part so if I cut them I can shorten the upper arms.

But I don't need to do it because they have the correct lenght.

Max

I'm cheap, so I bought a bag of ball-ends of the Bay of E and 1m of 4mm threaded rod (:

• Like 1

Max
how did you solve the outer suspension shaft problem? Ive orderd the same set like on your picture but only the inner ones work

outer front is too long and the two outside in the back are 0,5 too short:huh:

12 hours ago, Emperor said:

Max
how did you solve the outer suspension shaft problem? Ive orderd the same set like on your picture but only the inner ones work

outer front is too long and the two outside in the back are 0,5 too short:huh:

Hi, I don't remember, I must check the model.

Max

Hi.

New member here. Just built myself a new 2011 blitzer beetle. Love the tyres in the 1st pictures. What are they? And do they fit straight onto the blitzer wheels? 

Thanks

Hi Max, would be great if you find some time to put the photos back on your thread. Just got a Blitzer Beetle myselfe. Your posts are very helpfull for restauration... :)

Hi Collin, I'm always in lack of time and money so I'm taking a pause from the hobby but my plan is to replace all the pictures deleted by Photobucket.
As you can see part of them had been already replaced. It's a long and boring work but I'll do it asap.

Cheers

Max

• Like 2

Ah, I was wondering why some of the photos are already back. Great to hear! Hope you find some money and than have more time vor TC. ;)

• Thanks 1

Could someone help me with the 2011 BB wheels? Do the Street Rover Rims fit the BB?  Having a hard time finding aftermarket rims and tyres. Thank you! Love reading this thread ! Amazing work!

I have a set of orange Blitzer Beetle wheels in orange. 3 are new and one front is mildly used. I cracked a bearing housing on my wheels and had to buy a complete set to get a spare, then I managed to fix it. I also have new in packet pair of Schumacher Vee2 truck tyres in yellow compound. Great for the rear. You just need a foam insert to go with. I would recommend Schumacher Stagger Rib truck front with insert to match up with it. PM me for prices if you are interested. 

Schumacher truck tyres are here

http://www.racing-cars.com/sp/category/Product_Category/subcategory/Wheels_Tyres_and_Inserts/templateid/12/searchbox7/1-10_Truck_Tyres.html