kemmatech

oh no! messed up on body colour, help!

I just finished spraying my thunder shot body in white did not look in the manaul :( thought i was all white but found out there is blue ps4 cant belive what i have done has anyone done this before and what could i do to change the colour on the body or should i live it

Edited by kemmatech

I'd live with it personally but I don't like box art anyway! Only other way I guess would be to strip the whole shell (I think using dot 4 brake fluid) and starting again. Alternatively, what about getting some vinyl (like the decals are made of) in as near as possible the right colour and applying it to the outside? Dunno what the profile is like where you need it to be blue but it may be a possibility?

Rich

I have bought some de solv it graffiti remover 1litre from screwfix, haven't tried it yet, but it has been recommended for abs and lexan (says polycarbonate safe on the label!)

I have a Thundershot body I obtained that I will try it on soon.......it's like a paste which you can brush on, £10 approx

• Like 1

Go steady with the De-solv-it stuff as I have had it turn a Top Force shell cloudy :(, it was a used shell so I have no idea what paint was used as that might have been a factor, Also I washed it in the sink so wiping it away with a rag or paper towel might not cause the cloudyness. Works fantastic on hard bodyshells much faster than brake fluid.

I have bought some de solv it graffiti remover 1litre from screwfix, haven't tried it yet, but it has been recommended for abs and lexan (says polycarbonate safe on the label!)

I have a Thundershot body I obtained that I will try it on soon.......it's like a paste which you can brush on, £10 approx

Be very careful with de solv it, i bought some to do a lexan beetle shell and it went cloudy. The stuff i use now is Tamiya polycarbonate body cleaner 87118.

There is a thread on it on here, search polycarbonate body cleaner.

Colin

Be very careful with de solv it, i bought some to do a lexan beetle shell and it went cloudy. The stuff i use now is Tamiya polycarbonate body cleaner 87118.

There is a thread on it on here, search polycarbonate body cleaner.

Colin

Yes of course, always try if possible on stripping some scrap lexan/abs first before tackling a potentially expensive shell, I've got plenty of Tshot bodies so it's not a worry for me and I know it has been painted with tamiya PS paint

I do not recommend DOT4. I tried it once on a lexan shell and it made it brittle. The shell started crumbling in my hands within minutes. DOT3 on the same shell actually was working, but it took some effort to get the paint off. I switched to DOT4 and paid the price because of it.

You can always paint on the outside of the shell too. I comes out matte, not glossy like from underneath.

Hey KEM

I started a thread about a week ago about getting paint off the Fox body and a bunch of people responded with this

Tamiya Polycarbonate Body Cleaner. Part # 87118

I actually ordered it from Ebay on 2/4 but it's coming from Taipei so I haven't received it yet. But most of the responses had said this stuff works well. When I receive it I will update the post on the Fox Body.

Hope this helps.

Mike

• Like 2

I've used cellulose thinners to completely remove paint from a Lexan shell without having any effect on the lexan. Just soak a cloth with the stuff and start rubbing.

If it is not for a shelfer, I would consider to paint the blue on the outside (and a clear laquer over the blue if you need it to be very glossy). If it is for a shelfer, I would try polycarbonate safe Graffiti Removers (I heard some don't actually remove the PS paint but it might be better to start off safe and work from there).

How complicated it the blue area you need to paint? You could search eBay for some vinyl sheet in the colour you want and cut your own decal out of it?

I have used DOT3 with success, but I was cleaning about 1/3 of a shell. It works, but is a smelly, arduous process.

I do not recommend DOT4. I tried it once on a lexan shell and it made it brittle. The shell started crumbling in my hands within minutes. DOT3 on the same shell actually was working, but it took some effort to get the paint off. I switched to DOT4 and paid the price because of it.

hi all thanks for all comments great info from all i have just ordered from hong kong the Tamiya Polycarbonate Body Cleaner :rolleyes: let you no how i get on with it when it arrives. one mor thing i cant upload a photo of it can anyone help :wacko:

DSC06059.JPGDSC06063.JPG

DSC06072.JPGDSC06076.JPG

I like to say that i`m very happy the way it has turned out i recommend it any one who want to strip there body`s it works great just take you time with it just be careful with the decal`s if you have them on taken me 3.30 hour`s to do it but worth it :D

Thats a great result - if you are going to spray the blue colour now don't forget to re mask all the white and clear areas underneath (the blue will show through the white otherwise) and mask ALL the upper surface to prevent overspray onto the decals and shiney top ;)

Basically mask everythign bare the areas you want blue - a whole lot of tape !

Thats a great result - if you are going to spray the blue colour now don't forget to re mask all the white and clear areas underneath (the blue will show through the white otherwise) and mask ALL the upper surface to prevent overspray onto the decals and shiney top ;)

Basically mask everythign bare the areas you want blue - a whole lot of tape !

i have the ps4 paint so i`m brushing it on thanks for your comment percymon