wolfdogstinkus

Tamiya blitzer beetle (Parts wanted)

Search for Bel-Ray Blitzer . photos are there . i can#nt take any at the moment as its striped down awaiting a re build .

It's cool, Percymon provided a link. Looks good,

I filed a small portion off the bottom of the shock tower so I can now access the battery strap. :D I still have the lower two holes available but have not screwed them to the tub as access will be difficult.

@Gruntfuggly, I stripped out the oil dampers in an attempt to make them longer, it didn't work so I just fitted the pogo sticks from the dt-02 as I had them handy, I will put the oil dampers back on in a bit.

I have run a couple of 2s packs today, well same pack but charged twice. No breakages. :D

Managed to hit 40.9mph.

Had a run with the 3s today, after a long cartwheel on the street, only the top of the damper broke off, so the oil shocks are back on now.

I can highly recommend the shock tower mod, but you will require longer shocks or a lower mounting position. or a tl-01 bumper. :lol:

i think i have that tub chassis her NOS part.

Thanks hondaman, I am ok for chassis at the moment but I do need the gearcase parts and also the shock mount parts

A parts and B parts if you have them.

Thanks hondaman, I am ok for chassis at the moment but I do need the gearcase parts and also the shock mount parts

A parts and B parts if you have them.

do you know the part numbers? most of the parts i have here only have numbers on them..

lololol That Blitzer has seen better days! lololol Do you have any video of your runs? I would love to see this thing in action.

OSR

lololol That Blitzer has seen better days! lololol Do you have any video of your runs? I would love to see this thing in action.

OSR

It certainly has seen better days, :D I was just getting the hang of the 3s and then a cartwheel put an end to my fun.

This is the only video I have of it, this was with 3s.

My blitzer and poolozz's Mad bull having a bash.

[media=]

[/media]

• Like 1

I have the gearcase tree to sell, the shock tower tree i do have spare but i have to keep them as i have 2 brushless blitzers myself!

I have the gearcase tree to sell, the shock tower tree i do have spare but i have to keep them as i have 2 brushless blitzers myself!

Thanks but you are in Queensland, I think the postage would be too much. I will get a new one but might have to wait a while.

Lololololol Wow! That is fast! lolololol I would love to see a video of it going it a straight line to see the speed.:)

OSR

It's going to be a while till I get it up and running again but will try to video a speed run when I do.

• Like 1

It's going to be a while till I get it up and running again but will try to video a speed run when I do.

That sounds really good! That thing is stupid fast! I would love to build something like that one day!

OSR

It's funny how when people see me carrying an rc car they say "is it nitro?" so I say "No" and they walk away uninterested, then when people see it running, they say "Blimey that thing is fast" and I say "That's only half throttle" :D:lol:

• Like 1

It's funny how when people see me carrying an rc car they say "is it nitro?" so I say "No" and they walk away uninterested, then when people see it running, they say "Blimey that thing is fast" and I say "That's only half throttle" :D:lol:

I love it stinkus! I love it man!

OSR

I have run mine on 2s and a 4370 kv 9t for quite a while now . Even that takes the smile off the Nitro lads faces when their still messing about trying to get theirs started :lol: Blitzers are so under rated and capable of handling silly power through the almost bullet proof gearbox .

Yep 2s is still fun and very controllable, 3s is just insane and I usually break something every time I run it but never the gears.

I actually hooked up 2x 2s batteries for a second, in the house with the rear lifted up, blasted the throttle once and then thought better of it as I can't afford a new ESC.

No smoke came out but it was only a quick blast with no load on the wheels.

Just realised that I have posted some breakage pics in my speed app thread, oops so to avoid taking the speed app thread any further off topic, I will update in here this time.

Thanks to the mod who moved this out of sales, trades and wanted, it seems all my threads wander off-topic.

Fixed the blitzer,.. :D:D

It's rough, but it works.

At the last stage in my thread I had cracked both the lower arm mounts on the gearbox, so last night at around 12am, I had an idea

And started making this,

IMG_0195_zpsd3f496d1.jpg

IMG_0194_zpse971bbd1.jpg

IMG_0193_zps5c1a1307.jpg

IMG_0191_zpse6b36e3a.jpg

Looks interesting - what's it made from? I guess if you hit anything you can just bend it back again too...

Looks interesting - what's it made from? I guess if you hit anything you can just bend it back again too...

Hey Gruntfuggly,

It's a piece of aluminium, It had the holes down the centre all ready and the cuts at the edge which help with bending I think it was originally a roofing bracket??, for joining the joists in the attic. (no attics were harmed in the repairing of this blitzer). Found it in my toolbox, it's one of those things you think will be handy some day, and it was.

One of the arms was a bit wobbly at first, but have stretched the bracket a bit and made it a better fit.

Just been out for a run, and all is well, got body on now as well. Will try and get a video before I break it again.