Gripper

Email notifications not happening anymore?

Hello

When I first signed up (maybe 3-4 years ago) when I posted a comment in the main site, or in the forum, i was sent a notification email to my hotmail email address.

But, for a while now, i have not been recieving these emails when i post comments.

Is their a section where i can re-set this setting on TC somewhere? I have not been able to find it.

Kind regards

I 'think' it might be something to do with the 'follow topic' setting? You can set it to email in notifications.

That said, when I click on 'Follow Topic' nothing happens (not sure if that's something to do with Google Chrome) so I just check back to see what's occurring.

To get notifications, you need to follow a topic

Mine was set years ago to follow any topic I post in, but I've no idea where that setting is now

To manually follow a topic, click the follow button, top right;

follow1.jpg

That should bring up an options box for following, with email notifications preferences;

follow2.jpg

Then, the topic will show as having followers and you'll receive notification whenever anyone posts

follow3.jpg

Once you're following a topic, the follow button becomes 'unfollow' so, if you don't want to follow the topic any more, click it to unfollow :)

If the follow button doesn't work, try logging out of the mainsite then coming back to the forums - works for me

Found it. To auto-follow every topic you post in;

Click on the down-arrow next to your username, top right

Choose My Settings

Left hand side, choose Notification Options

follow4.jpg

You can still 'unfollow' individual topics if you so wish

Emails from comments on the mainsite are different, if you receive a comment on a showroom item, you should receive an email, there's no 'opt-out' unless you turn your comments off.

Easiest way to test mainsite email is leave yourself a comment and see if you get a mail.

If you don't, check your spam-bin

• Like 1

Thanks, Sir. Hope that sorts the other chap too.

Typically the 'follow' button but is now working and I didn't do anything. Compooters are Voodoo Boxes.

Hello

I have tried clicking on the "Follow this topic" buttom (at the top of this page) but it does not add me.

But i have set the Notification Option to "Auto follow all topics i post in" so hopefully this will work for the furum side of things.

Not sure about the main site, when i have posted comments on other peoples walls, and I have used the comments history to see that they have replied, i haven't received an email telling me that they have replied.

Just one of those things i guess..

Thanks for the help tho guys :) 

Have you tried after logging out on the main site?

The forum works best if you're not logged in on the main site

As for comments, as far as I'm aware, TC has never sent a mail telling you your comments have been replied to, only that your showroom entry has received a comment

...hmm, now you mention it, perhaps I'm getting confused, and I was receiving comments on my showroom entry's (i think your right TWINSET).