Sheriff

Durga and Baldre, what's the difference?

You guys forgot one major difference between the Durga & Baldre......the wheels. Durga has black ones while Baldre has white. lol

You guys forgot one major difference between the Durga & Baldre......the wheels. Durga has black ones while Baldre has white. lol

The other major differance - the Durga styling looks like someone big sat on a Baldre.

:D

Baldre = Blandre for me. I completely acknowledge the extra space and reported better performance of the Baldre shell; I just like the extra cuts and vents in the Durga shell design. It's more interesting visually to me.

I agree. Durga body looks nicer than the Baldre...

title.jpg

db01baldreb.jpg

That Durga spray job is awesome it has to be said, and I do like the low stance of the Durga body - just prefer the more conventional Baldre tho..

I prefer the Durga body over the Baldre I have had both when I had a DB01 and then the DB01R

First I bought a Durga kit with then sold that and went to the DB01R kit and got the Baldre body

The Baldre body just had that bit more room.

Don’t have either as I run an Xray XB4 now but the DB01R is still a very good kit especially for the money I paid for mine at the time.

The £30 price difference makes the Baldre shell the better looking, for me!

I got fed up of the inside of my car getting full of muck using the Durga body shell. The Badlre aways makes more sence to buy, keeps the motor cooler, keeps the muck out and stops water messing with your electrics. and its better on track.

whats more important, dry electrics or what looks better !

eerrrr, no brainer !

IMG00043-20091120-1715_zpsd1bcbe65.jpg

IMG00042-20091120-1047_zps4c4478f3.jpg

Wow that's a cool paint scheme. Where did the stickers come from?

the stickers are from Autographics, not sure they are making stickers sheets anymore. the sheets are ment for nascars but I use them on my buggy body shells.

I think blacking out those rear corners of the body (that match the chassis) really made a world of difference on the Baldre body. Like that, the body really makes more sense. I would probably go one step further and spray an extra coat of black on the outside at this location, to give it a matte finish.

Do either of the 501 or 511 bodies fit?

they do not no

I think blacking out those rear corners of the body (that match the chassis) really made a world of difference on the Baldre body. Like that, the body really makes more sense. I would probably go one step further and spray an extra coat of black on the outside at this location, to give it a matte finish.

I paint all my Baldre body shells with black corners, it gives the body a curved look at the rear while trying to hide the ugly corner bits.

DBa003_zps74c194b6.jpg

I am so going to copy that.. It really does look so much better. Your paint-jobs kick butt.. Here is the last shell I put some love into (below). That shell is pretty much garbage now. BTW, what tires are you running in the last pic with the red and white shell?

CIMG3602_zps87507e34.jpg

For me the Durga body must have the black part at the front lower portion of the shell or it looks kinda odd. When I bought the car pictured below, it was missing those black stickers on the shell so I made my own out of carbon-look vinyl. To me it made all the difference in the world. I just find it funny the same thing is true with the Baldre body....but at the back end. I'm sure the Durga could use the black at the rear to simplify the body lines as well.

DB01-1.jpg

I am so going to copy that.. It really does look so much better. Your paint-jobs kick butt.. Here is the last shell I put some love into (below). That shell is pretty much garbage now. BTW, what tires are you running in the last pic with the red and white shell?

they are schumacher mini spikes (yellow compound) with schumacher tubby inserts.

Say that the Durga is not sexy (for a RC buggy) and I shall call you: Liar!

But I have both shells for my DB01 and I like the appearance of both. I wish I had cut the Durga shell lower though.

Do either of the 501 or 511 bodies fit?

they do not no

Could they? I ask because they seal really well and let very little **** in.

[/size]

Could they? I ask because they seal really well and let very little **** in.

no, I have tried a 511 body on the DB01 chassis and its no where near fitting, the 501 is completely all wrong too. The Baldre body is a very good snug fit with the velcro.

I never use body posts and body clips on a buggy. that only puts un-nessercary holes in the body shell (looks ugly too) and it takes too long and it is too fidly especially with cold hands track side. plus no serious racer uses body clips any way.

with the good fitment of the Baldre body and the velcro practically nothing gets in.

...plus no serious racer uses body clips any way...

Hmm. I've had the Velcro totally torn off a vehicle in a race before, the body clips were the only thing keeping the cap on as a consequence...

Hmm. I've had the Velcro totally torn off a vehicle in a race before, the body clips were the only thing keeping the cap on as a consequence...

I can pick my car up by the body shell, there is no way on earth my shell will come off the way you describe. Use more velcro chap :lol:

I can pick my car up by the body shell, there is no way on earth my shell will come off the way you describe. Use more velcro chap :lol:

No, the Velcro adhesive has separated from the body. It's not an uncommon occurrence.

No, the Velcro adhesive has separated from the body. It's not an uncommon occurrence.

never had that happen to me and not common that I have seen here in the UK.

Lee, what kind of Velcro are you using? I also gave up on using Velcro on shells from the paintjobs getting ruined.