beefmuffin

nice guy / collector needs to sell NIB bigwig, et cetera

hi folks - i'm reasonably sure this isn't breaking any rules. but i've bought a few things from the ebay seller jimmylovestoeatspam and he's a really nice guy. he and i have chatted a bit and he's dealing with some ... issues. he's been selling off most of his collection. he reads TC 'religiously' but hasn't joined up.

anyway he specifically asked if i'd help him get the word out on a NIB bigwig kit he has listed on ebay. it's listed as a BIN for $899 but said he'd drop down to $750 for a TC member since he prefers "real collectors" to get his stuff.

here's the bigwig: http://www.ebay.com/...7-/281068287756

in his own words:

"Ben,

I cant join TC right now...I have too much going on. I don't feel social anyway////I can take 750.00 plus shipping for the BigWig. [ ... personal stuff ... ]

I think my price is right.

Best Regards,

Jimmy

me-

will see what i can do jimmy, TC has some pretty strict rules about promoting ebay auctions that aren't your own. that's one reason i was encouraging you to join i'm sure it'd pay for itself in one or two sales. if i can point people to it the TC guys are pros and know exactly how much things should cost and they won't bite if it's not a good deal. what would be your bottom line number you'd want from a TC member for it?

him-

Ben will you please help promote my Tamiya BigWig auction on TC? I need that money to put new tires on my car and drive to [ ... personal stuff ... ].

It would mean alot to me....

Hope you can help.

Kindly,

Jimmy"

here are all his items: http://www.ebay.com/...oeatspam/m.html

It's free just to sign up to the forums so it wouldn't "pay for itself in one or two sales", it wouldn't cost anything to sign up and post a link to the auction. Just 5mins of his time.

well - i was referring him to the auctions list on the home page... which i think is subscribers only, right? but i put this here so hopefully someone will have a look. i checked the completed auctions on ebay and the price he is offering is lower than any NIB bigwigs that sold within the time period where data was searchable.