Percymon

Modellbau-Seidel

I dropped them a quick email this morning:

Q: "I've noticed that a lot of your car kits now only ship to Germany. Is this a

temporary measure, or will this be a permanent change to your store?"

A: "We hope that it is not permanent, but it can

currently not change. Due to a change in the law

we can currently do not provide electronics products abroad."

It's a shame, as he doesn't sell that many kits without ESCs

It doesn't seem to limited to that - even the old trucks like the King Hauler which don't include an ESC are unavailable

It appears even the presence of a motor in the kit makes it 'Germany Only' for the time being, as the MFCs, trailer leg kits and LED kits are blocked too :(

Tamico don't seem to have blocked anything yet though...

It doesn't seem to limited to that - even the old trucks like the King Hauler which don't include an ESC are unavailable

It appears even the presence of a motor in the kit makes it 'Germany Only' for the time being, as the MFCs, trailer leg kits and LED kits are blocked too :(

Yeah, I asked him about removing ESCs, and he said the Motor was the other issue.

I've not heard of this problem of shipping electronics in the EU, has anyone else?

I buy electronics daily through work and there's no block as far as I'm aware and I've just called a broker who imports regularly and he's not heard of it yet either.

I thought we were all one big, happy, free-trading community

Yeah, that's what I thought too. Given things going to Austria, France etc won't be by air, it's even more harsh on those folks.

I know there's issues around posting Paints, Lipo batteries etc. Given it's DHL etc from M-S, I can't see anything on DHL's site about Electronics being prohibited (except for E-cigarettes :P).

Hopefully it's a misunderstanding, but something must have triggered - perhaps a complaint?

Don´t forget in each Kit is a Electric Motor. TRF Kits without Motor are still available. When Seidel says it is not possible for him to ship these kits outside Germany, then trust him. He can ship these Kits, but it is a risk for him. Seidel is a very professional seller, he adheres strictly to any new law or regulation. A few years ago he doesent ship PS Metallic colours like PS12 Silver, because there was a new dangerous goods regulation......

I have over the last week purchased 2 kits both with esc and a controller from Germany all delivered with no problem , so don't really understand this reasoning , should say that's to uk

I received a ESC from seidel about 8 days ago ! so don't know whats happening there :unsure:

I received a ESC from seidel about 8 days ago ! so don't know whats happening there :unsure:

It's all your fault! :P

What's bizarre of course, is that these aren't German manufactured goods. They've already been imported once, so what responsibility does the distributor have over warranty claims etc? That surely all falls with the OEM.

I asked them too, and they replied that the main reason behind is the recycling issue. For instance, here in Luxembourg we pay a percentage of the purchase value of electronic goods just for recycling. In Germany too, I believe, and with that money the country will take care of waste disposal. However for shipments abroad the supplier has to deal with the responsability, as I undeerstood reading their e-mail reply. Either Seidel is a bit picky or this is just the tip of the iceberg regarding EU online shopping.

In fact, there's recently been settled a law in Germany where both brick and mortar as well as online shops are responsible to take back small electronic goods from their customers for recycling. There's a 9-month transitional period.

Please see also this news article (German):

http://m.heise.de/newsticker/meldung/Neues-Elektroschrott-Gesetz-Onlinehandel-muss-Altgeraete-entsorgen-2854294.html

Can anyone recommend an alternative to source a Tamiya tank from EU?

I bought my JS2 from Seidel and they have the King Tiger in stock at a great price just can't get it to UK!

EddScott, there is always the posibility that a member located in Germany can buy it for you and forward it. Domestic shipping from Seidel is always EUR3.75, so the additional domestic shipping with the suggested solution has only minimal effect on total cost.

I live in Germany and would be happy to help you.

Hi all

sorry to butt in but I have had similar problem with seidel I tried ordering some tamiya transpeed ms brushes and he refused to send them due to the "change is laws". I pleaded with him (having ordered at least 50 times over the past 3 years) but to no avail. He was the only place I could get my Ms round brushes from. Would anyone living in germany be so kind as to receive them for me and then ship them on to me in france ?

I'm in Germany - and my company ships parts all over Europe (we sell 1:1 motorsport and tuning parts, mostly Japanese and British brands). I'd be happy to receive your shipment and forward it on to you. 

17 hours ago, Illogical said:

I'm in Germany - and my company ships parts all over Europe (we sell 1:1 motorsport and tuning parts, mostly Japanese and British brands). I'd be happy to receive your shipment and forward it on to you. 

That's a very generous offer. I suspect someone will take you up on that in the very near future as Seidel have the only NIB Buggy Champ still for sale from a shop that I can find.

I built myself one from a Scorcher kit very recently, but if I'd seen your offer before that I'd have bitten your arm off. :)

• Like 1

On 28/7/2016 at 7:21 PM, Fuijo said:

I suspect someone will take you up on that in the very near future as Seidel have the only NIB Buggy Champ still for sale from a shop that I can find.

I hope, for the other TC members, that Nico Seidel will have more than one; because one has fallen in the mastino's basket. B):lol:

Are the shipping restrictions meantioned earlier still in place?

I need to order something from Tamico but there's no point if they can't ship to the UK :(

Cheers

Do you mean Tamico, or Modellbau Seidel?

Modellbau Seidel wont ship you anything electrical, or anything liquid, like paint, glue or thinners. You can still use them for parts and kits without motors or ESCs.

Tamico will ship you anything you want.

From seidel still present restrictions for electronics ( ESC ,motors, batteries). I don't know about paint, liquid etc...

From Tamico no problem for electronics (esc, radio, motor)  but batteries and paint could be a problem.

Thanks, i want sure if Tamico had the same restirictions - I want to order another RC and they have it in stock so all good

Thanks guys

Just tried to order some parts from Seidel. Then found out that they do not offer shipping to other countries anymore.

So it not just on electronics anymore, there is simply no shipping outside Germany anymore. It is already really difficult to get parts in the Netherlands, Tamico and Seidel are my main suppliers. Seidel stocks more than Tamico, so not happy with this.

• Like 1

:o Condition...art  7.1   Wir liefern ausschließlich innerhalb Deutschlands.  We deliver exclusively within Germany.

:(

1 hour ago, Cesco said:

Seidel... found out that they do not offer shipping to other countries anymore.

1 minute ago, mastino said:

:o Condition...art  7.1   Wir liefern ausschließlich innerhalb Deutschlands.  We deliver exclusively within Germany.

:(

This is annoying. I've only just 'discovered' Seidel recently and I was starting to gather up a list for my second order when I saw the same problem today. I thought it was just a glitch so thought I wouldn't worry about it until I read Cesco's post. Does anyone know if this is permanent? Could someone who's fluent in German contact him to find out?